Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh Uma. You Go Girl.!

Be afraid, Harvey. Be very afraid.

this one has just floored me. its gotten to the point where Im afraid to turn on the TV anymore for fear of who is next. I feel like that guy from They Live. weve been spending all our lives surrounded by these people and they are EVERYWHERE.
Who i he? I've never heard of him.

Who i he? I've never heard of him.
He is (was) an American journalist and talk show host who was well respected by everyone as a serious news wonk and interviewer who had been on our screens daily for DECADES through one program or another. He was seen as this kind of friendly grandfatherly figure, at least to viewers, so the concept of him doing some of the things hes accused of like opening the door with his robe open and being ridiculously forward and gross with women who looked up to him is really kind of disgusting and thoroughly disappointing and for me mind blowing.

He is (was) an American journalist and talk show host who was well respected by everyone as a serious news wonk and interviewer who had been on our screens daily for DECADES through one program or another. He was seen as this kind of friendly grandfatherly figure, at least to viewers, so the concept of him doing some of the things hes accused of like opening the door with his robe open and being ridiculously forward and gross with women who looked up to him is really kind of disgusting and thoroughly disappointing and for me mind blowing.
Sorry I. Rex. I was downstairs on my phone and cant reply on that. I'm not sure why all of a sudden.

We have some of the grandfatherly types in the industry pinged for the same thing. One is currently enjoying a holiday in the big house in the UK courtesy of the British tax payer for fiddling with kids.

Dustin Hoffman accused of fiddling with a 17 year old? I just saw that earlier but the news came out on 2/11 from what I gather from quick look then went quiet.

As for charlie rose, I think he's a cbs reporter? not sure if we have it here.

I wonder how many others right now are trying to make amends....

I'm guessing thousands of women have been paid off in the last few weeks; which is probably a small investment.
Oh you mean the "shutup guilt non disclosure" money? I feel that maybe Uma will lift the lid on that one.

Garrison Keillor now?? So sad... Make it stop...

Truly Wobegone
Same, I dont know who that is here. We dont get your radio here.

Geoffrey Rush now. No. Cannot buy this one but as with the others, have to wait to see what the authorities have to say

I. Rex, just picking up a link from your story on Keillor, and this is a big one, with supposedly more to come in the following days on Matt Lauer:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...exual-behavior
I didnt know who he was either but gee, sure is all unravelling. I justmissed a segment about him so thanks for posting, dad.
(20 milli9on bucks a year he's missing out on now. that's gotta hurt.)

I was just listening to a report on the radio where they said NBC got ahead of a story that's due out any day from the New York Times, I believe, that details a lot more than that link tells about. And I personally heard old audio of Lauer talking inappropriately to his former co-anchor, Katie Couric, and a snippet of an interview with Couric where she told that he used to constantly pinch her on the a**. But other things I heard I will not tell, I'll just let y'all read it as it comes out. But it's pretty bad. More of a Charlie Rose level than Harvey Weinstein but then again, I haven't heard or read the whole thing.

I mentioned a self proclaimed bigwig celebrity here currently getting hammered for decades of filthy behaviour that everyone knew about and did nothing. Makes me wonder how many countries are seeing the same backlash. Hopefully a lot.

Yep, that's what NBC supposedly did for decades with Lauer. That's apparently why NBC tried to make themselves look good by firing him---when the story comes out it'll be obvious that they turned a blind eye on his trashy ways. Like you said, he made millions upon millions a year for himself, but also millions for NBC because he was the face of NBC news, The Today Show, the Olympics (which NBC has a lock on contractually), and the NBC Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I wish I could say this all surprised me but I've kind of had a feeling about this guy for years. His other former co-anchor, Ann Curry, was awesome, and I don't know what went on behind the scenes but it was heavily rumored that he didn't want her as his co-anchor anymore and was behind NBC firing her as co-anchor. A lot of people were shocked at her firing, and now I wonder if she rebuffed his advances or something. And another reporter from The Today Show, Amy Robach, used to be on The Today Show and she suddenly left for Good Morning America on ABC without any fanfare, so I wondered about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with that. I have no idea but a lot of people have wondered about his "power trip" for years and how much power he wielded just because he was the "main man" for NBC. Now it seems it was tangled up in his sexual inappropriateness also. What a sordid mess.

Bloody hell. I w3ondered why out of the bluie they sacked him, dad.

What were the reasons given for firing the female anchor and reporter?

Well, the female, Ann Curry, anchor was very beloved and no real reason that I can remember was given. It was on the internet news that Matt Lauer thought she was not a "good match" for him on the show, so it makes you wonder what he meant by "good match?" She was awesome and totally professional and had been with NBC for 25 freaking years! She was Lauer's co-anchor for only about a year, then was unceremoniously taken off that job, then hired a lawyer to work out details where she could stay with NBC in general for a few more years. The rest of the story goes, according to Wikipedia (and I read this elsewhere as it developed):

On August 9, 2012, Curry made her first post-departure appearance on Today, when she reported a story during the show's coverage at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. The reunion with her former co-anchor, Matt Lauer, was described in the media as "tense", "awkward", and "chilly".In September 2013, Lauer said he was disappointed in the way the media reported Curry's departure.
It was announced in January 2015 that Curry was officially leaving the NBC News network.

So, take that how you will, but it seemed pretty obvious that he did not like her for whatever reason. As of now, she's reportedly working on a "docuseries" for PBS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Curry

The reporter, Amy Robach, gave no reason for switching networks. She just announced it on NBC and then left for ABC. But it makes one wonder. If Matt would go after his own co-anchor, one as famous as Katie Couric, it gives me pause about Curry and Robach.

By the way, your comment here:
I mentioned a self proclaimed bigwig celebrity here currently getting hammered for decades of filthy behaviour that everyone knew about and did nothing. Makes me wonder how many countries are seeing the same backlash. Hopefully a lot. When you said "here" were you taking about this thread or in Australia?

When you said "here" were you taking about this thread or in Australia?
Oh sorry, I was talking about Australia. There has been quite a big fall out against the film industry here in Aus, like a domino affect, so wondering if it's happening in other countries in response to what's happening in USA after Harvey's outing. It seems they're all now too embarrassed to continue keeping it quiet.

It's about time people started realising you just cant treat people you work with like crap.

It seems the reason the 'antics' by the bozo here were kept quiet was because he raked in so much dough for the network. Money rules, but now he's regarded as dirt and no one wants to be seen having anything to do with him. Damnshame it took so long.