"What more should I check out from this director?"

Tools    

I'd urge anyone who has only seen Arrival or Prisoners or Sicario to check out Denis Villeneuve's early work. Incendies, Enemy and Maelstrom are particularly good.

I've only ever seen one Andrei Tarkovsky film - 'The Mirror'. I need to check some more out.

See also Kelly Reichardt. I've only ever seen Wendy and Lucy, which I absolutely loved.

See also Kelly Reichardt. I've only ever seen Wendy and Lucy, which I absolutely loved.
Same here, that's the only one I've watched, and it's a favorite. I don't know how her other films are, but I got a big Dardenne brothers vibe from it, very natural. I'll definitely be watching Certain Women whenever I get the chance to.

This might just do nobody any good.
Check out Meek's Cutoff from Reichardt. It's a quiet and tense film on the Oregon Trail. It's fascinating in that it takes the point of view of the women in the wagon party.

Really good movie. I got to check out Certain Woman, though I've gotten mixed responses about that one.

The truth is in here
I've only ever seen one Andrei Tarkovsky film - 'The Mirror'. I need to check some more out.
Stalker is an absolute must-see. One which makes you think "Why can't I make a movie like that?". Visual and philosophical brilliance.

Solaris is very cool too. I would probably like it even better on a rewatch.

Nostalghia, while I like this one the least from the 3 I've seen, is still worth checking out. It has some interesting ideas.

The truth is in here
Planet Of The Apes (Franklin J. Schaffner)
The War Of The Worlds (Byron Haskin)
Gandhi (Richard Attenborough)
Sleeping With The Enemy (Joseph Ruben)
World's Greatest Dad (Bobcat Goldthwait) (This is the hardest one yet, I have NO IDEA what to go next with him)
Xtro (Harry Bromley Davenport (Such a cool movie, but has he even made something as fascinating since?)
Cannibal Holocaust (Ruggero Deodato)
My Bloody Valentine (George Mihalka)
All The President's Men (Alan J. Pakula)
Suspiria (Dario Argento)

This might just do nobody any good.
From Pakula, check out The Parallax View. Hightened 70s paranoid thriller with a great example of the downbeat endings the decade was known for.

Klute is also good.

Schaffner has Papillon with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman.

The truth is in here
Do you have a movie you've seen from a director and you did think it was great or at least good, but you haven't seen any other ones from him/her yet?

Two Bits (James Foley) (Love this movie, made me tear up)
Elvis! Elvis! (Kay Pollack)
These are the only directors on the list I've seen another movie from. Glengarry Glen Ross with Foley and As It Is In Heaven with Pollack. Both were great.

Wow, this is embarrassing. It's almost been a year and I haven't done better?!

The truth is in here
Let's see what's changed...

When it comes to Dario Argento, I've seen Opera. I thought it was great, though the dubbing was really not that great at times. Why is it so hard to find Italian movies in their original language?
Well, that's it. Man, am I slow!