Would you support the idea of a black actor playing James Bond?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Lets have LOTR full of black and muslim faces playing Nordic characters.

Yes I know I live in the UK. It would be more realistic to have a Muslim play James Bond as MI6 are full of them atm, due to opeating mainly in the Middle East for last 12 years or so.

Wow, realism isn't the point either way. James Bond as a character is primarily defined by attitude in my mind. Who cares who he was born to as a human being?

I say that because my mate actually applied to MI5/6 after Uni but was told they were only recruiting people of Middle East appearance. Aswell as boys from all the Top schools and secret handshake clubs ofc.

I really don't get what the big deal is about a black Bond for a few pictures. It's not as if one race is gonna steal another's cultural icon and not give it back.

Sure, I can dig it. But I also hope they do it because they've got someone good in mind, and not as a cheap PR stunt if the franchise starts falling off, which is probably the more likely reason it'll happen.

On the outside looking in.
It's just a name. The James Bond of the films and the James Bond of the books are two COMPLETELY different characters.

Then producers should stop paying all that money to the Fleming Estate.

I really don't get what the big deal is about a black Bond for a few pictures. It's not as if one race is gonna steal another's cultural icon and not give it back.
It will be seen as a politically correct move. Like having Obama as Pres for example.

Like TV adverts packed full of minorities.

Then producers should stop paying all that money to the Fleming Estate.
No, they shouldn't. The films are still based on Fleming's books and characters (and can use their names), so they rightfully 'pay all that money to the Fleming Estate'.

No, they shouldn't. The films are still based on Fleming's books and characters (and can use their names), so they rightfully 'pay all that money to the Fleming Estate'.

So which Fleming book featured a black James Bond for them to base a film on?

Sure, I can dig it. But I also hope they do it because they've got someone good in mind, and not as a cheap PR stunt if the franchise starts falling off, which is probably the more likely reason it'll happen.
Right on. As long as the creative talent is there, I don't mind because Hollywood is about making money, anyways.

It's a silly idea that has nothing to do with Fleming.

It will be seen as a politically correct move. Like having Obama as Pres for example.

Like TV adverts packed full of minorities.
I don't care what it'll be seen as politically. Lots of movies change stuff, for better or worse. Why is race so different?

So which Fleming book featured a black James Bond for them to base a film on?
Why are you focusing so much on the 'black' part?

It also didn't feature a non smoking blonde James Bond, a female M or a black Moneypenny.

It features a secret agent called James Bond, who works at MI6 and who has ingenious spying- and womanizing skills. That's the basis of the character that they are still using and that could perfectly be performed by a black actor.

The real question that the film makers should ask themselves when choosing an actor to play James Bond is if he will make a believable and interesting own version of the character it is based on and if audiences will enjoy it. I don't see what skin color has to do with any of that.

I have no problem with a black James Bond, or a black Batman, which people seem to be getting mad about.

Bond's ethnicity does not play a big role in his back story (correct me if I'm wrong). If it did, then maybe I'd have an objection.

I don't care what it be seen as politically. Lots of movies change stuff, for better or worse. Why is race so different?

YES! Change EVERYTHING!! The next Bond should be from Krypton and he should also be the first 007 to give birth!!! I would ditch the Aston Martin in favour of a tricked-out skateboard and instead of a tux he should wear tank tops and jeggings!