'Jaws' actor Roy Scheider dies at age 75

Tools    

Scheider died quite awhile ago, why are you just posting this now?
Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Elvis Presley died even further back but they're still talked about.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Didn't actually know he was dead. He didn't have a particularly successful career for the last couple of decades, the last thing I remember seeing him in was Seaquest or whatever it was called TV show.

A system of cells interlinked
Scheider died quite awhile ago, why are you just posting this now?

Now? This post was put up in 2008, surprisingly, just after Scheider's death.

By the bye: It is now 2013.

Just rewatched blue thunder, and i have to say that film was very well directed and the friggin stunts were real, inside the city.
Old movies have it hard on ImDb. They got pushed in this database without all the benefits modern movies have to artificially boost their initial user score. Publicity stunts, media spin, false "user" feedback... They got none of that. How many bad movies have you seen start at 8,5 and end up being turds. To remedy that, Blue Thunder gets a solid 8 from me.
The guy has the same thinking of me, u d bet ur A** u can get a permit to do these stunts in the city anymore these days..

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Just rewatched blue thunder, and i have to say that film was very well directed and the friggin stunts were real, inside the city.
Old movies have it hard on ImDb. They got pushed in this database without all the benefits modern movies have to artificially boost their initial user score. Publicity stunts, media spin, false "user" feedback... They got none of that. How many bad movies have you seen start at 8,5 and end up being turds. To remedy that, Blue Thunder gets a solid 8 from me.
The guy has the same thinking of me, u d bet ur A** u can get a permit to do these stunts in the city anymore these days..
Roy Scheider has been dead since February 10, 2008 but you are going to use this thread to bring up Blue Thunder again?

Roy Scheider has been dead since February 10, 2008 but you are going to use this thread to bring up Blue Thunder again?
Ok i ll.make a movie thread

Roy was one of the greats in my book. I also concur with a common theme here, that he was underrated.

I first saw Roy on screen in Jaws. What captivated me about him initially was the huge presence and his magnetic persona. He had strong charisma. Likeable and believable.

As far as the "rubber fish" thingy goes, it was received just as shocking to the masses as The Exorcist. But in time, movies change, special effects change, and society changes, as does the ability to shock audiences. Instead of cringing at possessed Reagan twisting her head 360 degrees and spewing steaming green vomit on a priest, the youth laugh at it. The reason special effects experts are continuously trying to up the ante.

In regard to Roy and his acting, I loved the triad...Roy, Richard, and Robert. They all had a blend of entertaining polarity and bonding in the adventure they shared. I can't think of a better choice of actors to place in that boat.

this dude is still dead huh
Only biologically.