The MoFo Director Fan Clubs!

Tools    

Here to learn. And judge silently.
I'd like to join/found two fan clubs here - first off, Mario Bava. The Maestro of the Macabre. I first saw his film Kill Baby Kill when I was 16, and I was hooked from then on. I'd never seen a movie with such colors and amazing imagery. I'd seen gorgeous films before, but nothing like Bava. They're just gorgeous. Personal favorites of his are Black Sunday, Kill Baby Kill, and The Girl Who Knew to Much (notable for being the first ever Italiangiallo film, which is the granddaddy of American slashers). I don't like slasher films (gore isn't my thing) and I don't even particularly like giallo outside of Bava and Argento, but Bava's imagery is just so amazing. He was a cinematographer before he was a director, and his films just make amazing usage of lighting and color and it's just. Gah.

Secondly, Danny Boyle. Slumdog Millionaire is my all-time favorite movie. Ever. He's also the guy behind 28 Days Later, 127 Hours, Trainspotting, and Shallow Grave. He's just wonderful and I'm literally a devolved fangirl when I talk about his stuff.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
I can see that I've not been here. Here's my favorites, if you're interested in adding them:

-Peter Jackson
-Steven Spielberg
-Christopher Nolan

And even though I've only seen two of his movies, I get the feeling I'll be a fan of Wes Anderson.

I would like to start a Tony Scott and Frank Capra fan club.
That's a Venn diagram I'd like to see the very small intersection of.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cecelia.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	16805  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Let the night air cool you off
I would like to start and preside over the Tex Avery fan club. The man is a comedic genius. He has so many fantastic animated shorts under his belt that it's hard to choose which to start with. King-Size Canary is my favorite, it's a comedic arms race that resembled the impending Cold War. The slapstick wackiness of The Screwy Truant or Bad Luck Blackie brings a smile to my face every time.The brilliant Blitz Wolf makes a hilarious mockery of Hitler. He's also made several great Bugs Bunny cartoons. If we ever do any lists involving animated shorts, you can expect me to try to shove Tex Avery down your throat at every turn.

I Wanna Be Loved By You
I want to join The Alfred Hitchcock 'Master of Suspense' Fan Club, The Stanley Kubrick Fan Club and The Quentin Tarantino Fan Club.

Alfred Hitchcock
Films seen:
- Spelbound (1945)
- Rope (1948)
- Strangers on a Train (1951)
- Dial M for Murder (1954)
- Rear Window (1954)
- The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
- Vertigo (1958)
- North by Northwest (1959)
- Psycho (1960)
- The Birds (1963)
- Marnie (1964)
Top 3:
1. Vertigo (1958) -

2. Psycho (1960) -

3. Rear Window (1954) -
+

Stanley Kubrick
Films seen:
- Paths of Glory (1957)
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Barry Lyndon (1975)
- The Shining (1980)
- Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Top 3:
1. A Clockwork Orange (1971) -

2. The Shining (1980) -

3. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) -

Quentin Tarantino
Films seen:
- Reservoir Dogs (1992)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Jackie Brown (1997)
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
- Inglourious Basterds (2009)
- Django Unchained (2012)
Top 3:
1. Pulp Fiction (1994) -

2. Inglourious Basterds (2009) -

3. Reservoir Dogs (1992) -
+

Thank you.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I would like to join Stanley Kubrick Fan Club, Quentin Tarantino Fan Club and Darren Aronofsky Fan Club if I may! These are directors from who I've seen the entire filmography and that I love!

I will join Leone's too as soon as I watch Once Upon a Time in America!

Attention! This has been turned into a formal feature: [NEW THING] Clubs. I've added a few of the users listed here to their corresponding clubs, but please fill in any of the gaps I missed.

We're already talking about adding more, but we'll need Curators to do that, so check out that thread and weigh in! This feature can be whatever you guys want it to be, so I hope you'll all help me in shaping it into whatever you'd like.