Better Director: Francis Ford Coppola or Terrence Malick?

Tools    

Superior director
59.09%
13 votes
Coppola
40.91%
9 votes
Malick
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Jack was entertaining in a way. Robin Williams is missed.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Upcoming:

Better Director: Steven Spielberg or Martin Scorsese?
Better Director: John Carpenter or David Cronenberg?
Better MoFo: Ezrangel or aronisred?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm tempted to vote Malick just to enrage this troll so he can't say in another thread:

When in reality they are both different and equally brilliant... I enjoy both.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Welcome to the human race...

Well Coppola made two of the worst films ever in Supernova(1999) and Jack (1996)...so I'm going Malick
It was my understanding that Walter Hill did Supernova, not Coppola.

Anyway, I pick Coppola. Even with the higher quantity of misses, at least they tend to be interesting misses.

Malick by a hair

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Coppola - The first two of The Godfather films and Apocalypse Now are masterpieces. Throw in The Conversation and you have four A+ legendary and iconic best of all time films in one decade. He could make 1,000 Jacks and that wouldn't change a thing.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I haven't seen enough Malick to reply. However, IMO Coppola is the greatest, having had five movies I consider perfect (his 70's run and Tetro), and two that came very close: Dracula (Reeves' accent sucked) and Godfather Coda (I don't really feel like the romance between Vince and Mary was fully developed).

Coppola - The first two of The Godfather films and Apocalypse Now are masterpieces. Throw in The Conversation and you have four A+ legendary and iconic best of all time films in one decade. He could make 1,000 Jacks and that wouldn't change a thing.

While I didn't think Jack was horrible, I admit its strengths didn't overcome most of its flaws. 6/10. But if you want horrible Coppola, check out his early movie Tonight for Sure.