Actors who can do much better, but keep picking crappy roles

Tools    

And as heartbreaking as it is to say it, De Niro belongs here too...this guy has done a lot of crappy movies during the last decade or so.
Very true. Can’t remember the last even halfway decent movie I saw with him. It’s like he doesn’t turn down any film role he is offered these days.

Big second to Jennifer Lopez...that girl just needs to go sit down somewhere.
I will not see a J-Lo movie. Ditto Eva Longoria. Eva Mendes is borderline, but she has done some good work.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I wouldn't say "keep". She hasn't had a role in 4 years
From what I read when you said she hadnt had a role in 4 years was she decided to take time out. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Better than taking scraps. Or maybe she got spat on or bitch slapped by Katherine Heigl who apparently is not much of a well mannered actor to work with, if you can believe the sht that comes out of the Hollywood gutter press. One of my sources tells me she was about to make a grand entrance back onto the red carpet but got thoroughly bored with poor Katheryn's struggling/WHINING with losing her baby weight. I hope her kid appreciates his mum's first world problems that he caused, when he can read.

I'd reverse the question -- which actors pick good roles always/usually?
Chris Cooper. Made a successful career of character roles & is hugely in demand.

Richard geer. Holy hell I just turned the tv on and that dreadful movie with jennifer lopez came on. What the hell was he thinking. Obviously nothing. His acting is so bad I actually like her in this. and that is saying something!

edit to add Susan Sarandon????

OMG I just shrivelled up a little bit inside.

Has Adam Sandler been mentioned here yet?

somewhere but I cant remermber which thread. Yes, he makes me want to throat punch him

Richard geer. Holy hell I just turned the tv on and that dreadful movie with jennifer lopez came on. What the hell was he thinking. Obviously nothing. His acting is so bad I actually like her in this. and that is saying something!

edit to add Susan Sarandon????

OMG I just shrivelled up a little bit inside.
He's good in 2016 film "Norman", he plays Norman, its not about Norman Bates or Norm from Cheers.

Mila Kunis. I think she did great in Black Swan, and now I only see her in movies like Bad moms, The spy who dumped me, Ted etc. In my opinion, she has potential, but just going in the wrong direction with choosing roles.

I want to say Matt Damon. Think he can do much better than he has for some years.

Somebody throw Tara Reid a lifeline!

Mila Kunis. I think she did great in Black Swan, and now I only see her in movies like Bad moms, The spy who dumped me, Ted etc. In my opinion, she has potential, but just going in the wrong direction with choosing roles.
That's interesting. I haven't seen Black Swan and my only experience of her is in comedies, especially Family Guy . I agree it'd be great if she does more varied parts.