Lets Talk Football

Tools    

England/Macedonia result below........

WARNING: "football results lie within" spoilers below
GO ENGLAND! WOOHOO!

England 2 Macedonia 1

Not a convincing win but a win nonetheless.

The violence has got to be sorted out though. England are getting a raw deal, and as for the racist chants, what is with those ignorant idiots? The booing was bad and worst of all, the flag burning. It's things like that which accentuate the problem. Also the England fans should have never traveled to the match it is only going to add to our bad reputation which is a little overblown as it is.

Get off my island
I support Manchester United and Barnet (thanks to Championship Manager) Barnet may be desperate, but they seem to be winning a whole lot, and might just clinch a play off place; with regards the squad, it was less a case of money, more a case of getting rid of the dead wood; I think it was seven of the first team who were sold into the higher divisions (Heald, Harrison, Agogo, Purser, Brown, Doolan and Gower, the rest, about 12 or so, got dumped on free transfers (although for some of them, that was because they wanted to take up a second profession)

Spurs are currently managerless... wonder who'll take charge.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Pleat'll do for now (and we did supposedly strip our backroom bare over the summer - so mebe a bit of scrimping and saving is in order. It's not like we need anyone orchestrating the scouting right now - there's no more cash ). Still, a very useful looking front line, some intriguing attacking possibilities in midfield, the defence happier in a 4 4 2, and a nice little 3-0 against everton. Even Anderton fulfilled his knock-kneed promise (bless im). That'll do nicely.

And aha! This explains the barnet thing! You don't live near them then? (they're my nearest club, but i've only been a few times. Mind you, only been to the Lane once I'm a pub-chair fan) I assumed you were from manchester (what was i thinking? You might as well have been Thai )

Some guy i play footy with disappeared recently, claiming he'd been signed up by the Bees. About 2 months back or so, when some big changes were going on (and that bloke paid to play the last 5 mins against the Arse or something). We called him Sis most of the time - no idea what his real name is (might well be Asis or something - he's a stocky turkish lad. Good skills and strength, but selfish brain. No surprise that my mate says he hasn't noticed anyone like that even on the bench. It'd be funny tho if he does turn up)

England vs Turkey.

Lets hope its a clear cut game with no problems and that England turn out the natural and superior victors, without being expelled because of mindless thugs and unnecessary poiltical interference.

we were superiorally thuggish

(well, actually, Gerrard's dive for the penalty was quite ingenious and sneaky )

Nah, that'll do. And it lines up a possible Welsh Turkey clash. I'd like to see that - Coz Wales vs Holland i wouldn't see (coz i'd just cover my eyes all the way through)

Originally Posted by Golgot
(well, actually, Gerrard's dive for the penalty was quite ingenious and sneaky )
I wouldn't call it a dive. Both Turkish payers went to trip him,naughty, naughty. Beckham was unlucky with the penalty and all those turks that celberated got their deserts.

As for the Turkey players that was not diving either, it was more of a case of trying out for clown college.
Ooooh, I hurt my leg.
Ouch, you meany.
Ahhh, what was that for?
Eeek, I landed on my tooshie.

Also well done to those men and woman who guarded and worked to ensure that this was a pleasant game without fans louting around, and without resorting to violence.

The game was marred though by no goal (forgivable, a draw is as good as a win) and Alpay's pathetic and childish attempts at half time to rile up Becks. He said he wanted to be the peace maker before the match.

All I can say is phew! That was one nerve inducing game.

Scotland still have a chance too, so go Scotland!

I am having a nervous breakdance
I just hope that Turkey doesn't make it to the finals. Sweden and Turkey always end up in the same group for some reason and the turks mean trouble for us.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I just hope that Turkey doesn't make it to the finals. Sweden and Turkey always end up in the same group for some reason and the turks mean trouble for us.
Turkey in football is just trouble, full stop.

Originally Posted by Revenant
Turkey in football is just trouble, full stop.
They can be quite good. That's the problem

What you need is a non-stop mid-field blocker with a silly name like our fella "Butt" [and someone like the man i like to call Gerrardinyo. That man has the traditional british leg-breaking ethic coupled with some real moves.]

But what am i saying? You guys were one of our "bogey" teams for a long time. (But you owe us for spanking Denmark in the world cup - you have to lose gracefully to us next time to repay the debt )

Get off my island
Euro 2004 Play-Off Draws

Latvia v Turkey
Scotland v Holland
Croatia v Slovenia
Russia v Wales
Spain v Norway

I'd say Turkey would be mighty embarassed if they didn't make it through that. As for Scotland... sayonara...

Ahhhh, thank F my little Welsh compatriots didn't get the Dutch or the Spanish (can't BELIEVE what's happened to the spanish! This must mean they're going to storm it in the finals for a change! Mind you, i can't believe what's happened to Wales either!)

It's gotta be a near all-british affair. The Welsh deserve it. Giggsy deserves it. And the world might even find another group of derangedly passionate celts an acceptable substitute for the Irish

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Revenge of Mr M
Euro 2004 Play-Off Draws

Latvia v Turkey
Scotland v Holland
Croatia v Slovenia
Russia v Wales
Spain v Norway

I'd say Turkey would be mighty embarassed if they didn't make it through that. As for Scotland... sayonara...
I can't believe the luck of the turks. Then again, I can't believe Sweden lost against Latvia in the last qualification game.

Scotland are in deep ****, true. But the dutch team has ****ed up before. Where will the game be played?

Croatia v Slovenia. Oh, this one will be tight. I saw Slovenia in, was it the last World Cup or the last European Cup, and they really made an impression on me. Croatia.. are they as good as they used to be? Tight game.

Russia v Wales. Another real tight one and I am really hoping that Wales and Giggs will make it to the finals this time. It will be one more attraction with Giggs in the tournament. Who needs Russia anyway.

Spain will probably beat my norwegian neighbors. But Norway has some good players. But Spain belongs in the final tournament.

Can someone explain to me why France had to qualify even though they are reigning champs? Cause they are, right?

Originally Posted by Revenant
Also, I consider American 'Football' just the safer and far more boring version of Rugby. In Rugby we don't need no silly protective padding. It is a contact sport after all.
OMG!!! I am so sick of people saying that absolutely ridiculous statement. How would you like to be hit hard and thrown to the ground by a 6'5" 350 pond man running at full speed? WITHOUT PROTECTION???? GOD!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Get off my island
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I can't believe the luck of the turks. Then again, I can't believe Sweden lost against Latvia in the last qualification game.

Scotland are in deep ****, true. But the dutch team has ****ed up before. Where will the game be played?

Croatia v Slovenia. Oh, this one will be tight. I saw Slovenia in, was it the last World Cup or the last European Cup, and they really made an impression on me. Croatia.. are they as good as they used to be? Tight game.

Russia v Wales. Another real tight one and I am really hoping that Wales and Giggs will make it to the finals this time. It will be one more attraction with Giggs in the tournament. Who needs Russia anyway.

Spain will probably beat my norwegian neighbors. But Norway has some good players. But Spain belongs in the final tournament.

Can someone explain to me why France had to qualify even though they are reigning champs? Cause they are, right?
The games will be played over two legs, home and away, with the first legs as drawn above. Reigning champs have to go through qualification in European Championships. It's a silly rule, but that's the way it is, and has been for a while. Astonishingly, they are now implementing the same rule at the World Cup, so Brazil will have to qualify for Germany 2006.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
OMG!!! I am so sick of people saying that absolutely ridiculous statement. How would you like to be hit hard and thrown to the ground by a 6'5" 350 pond man running at full speed? WITHOUT PROTECTION???? GOD!!!
I'd feel very wet. Ahahaha... that was lame... but so is American football

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Actually, that does happen in rugby a fair bit, just not as much. But i think they're a bit chubbier as a rule and don't get up to such high speeds.

Anyways,

Wales triumphantly suppressed the Russians into an away 0-0. Heheheh, makes me think of the Simpsons episode where all the passing just makes the fans riot. (Giggsy might be injured tho. We're doooooomed Actually, we seem to have a bit of a first team these days. Alright midfielders aside from Giggsy. A defense and everything. Unheard of.)

And the scots won 1-0 against the Dutch! Blimey. Could it be a British affair at the Euros? We'll know soon enough. I'll cheer the scots on too, as much as they love to hate the english. Silly buggers. (well, i've got about as much scottish blood as english anyway)

Off to sing in the drizzle, with my frizzle of fused blood (that's my new bastardised term for my mongrel-anglo-celtic nature Tho my mates have forced me to support england primarily [especially in cricket. Bastards ])

Get off my island
And England lost 3-2 at home to Denmark. At least it was only a friendly. Although, I'm pretty sad to have to say that. The friendly has been really devalued lately, which is sad indeed. What's the point if he's just going to change the whole team before they've had a chance to play a little bitty?
Manchester United are trying to sign Dong Fanzhou, a Chinese striker. Which is good, because we are in desperate need of an extra striker. However, my Toon Army friend is rather more sceptical, claiming the deal is only being worked so we can sell plentiful shirts in China. Well, it can't have been coincidence that I recieved a copy of the club catalogue last week.

Get off my island
53% of Sydney Morning Herald readers believe that England will win by more than 30 points, mwahaha.

Well sad ends for Scotland and Wales although the tournament just wouldn't have been quite the same without the Dutch ) Latvia are in the finals! That's a major shock I have to say.