Things that annoy you...

Tools    

There isn't a GOOD chicken joint near us that delivers. It's annoying. The other day we had a couple beverages then we started craving some fried chicken, looked online and the only place that would deliver is the place we get our pizza from. So we ordered a bucket of chicken and asked the guy "Okay, honestly, how good is the chicken?" and he said "We are called Marco's Pizza." We ended up getting a 16" EBA (everything but anchovy) pizza with a side of wings.

It finally happened. Someone went bat**** yesterday because I stood on line at the DNKN drive thru. We cannot go inside & the coffee people don’t care if those of us who don’t drive stand in the drive thru line. I needed a cup of Joe before church, but this woman in her car behind me was furious. I tried to ignore her, but she definitely got to me.

The funny thing is 2 very nice black gentlemen on separate occasions have paid for my coffee, but I knew one day someone would object. It makes no sense because I would still have been in front of her if I were driving.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow before I volunteer at church. Maybe go to another DNKN.

Subway.

Now, let me just make it clear that I realize they’re not the best quality food but there’s one that’s basically next door to my work and I don’t drive so I go there for convenience. There are only a handful of their sandwiches that I even like.

On to my annoyance - first the location near my work changed their hours and now they don’t open until 10:00. Their breakfast subs are the item I like the best but now I can’t get them. Now they’ve discontinued the roast beef. What the hell kind of sandwich shop doesn’t offer roast beef???!!!!! Ugh. Bunch of bull.

It finally happened. Someone went bat**** yesterday because I stood on line at the DNKN drive thru. We cannot go inside & the coffee people don’t care if those of us who don’t drive stand in the drive thru line. I needed a cup of Joe before church, but this woman in her car behind me was furious. I tried to ignore her, but she definitely got to me.

The funny thing is 2 very nice black gentlemen on separate occasions have paid for my coffee, but I knew one day someone would object. It makes no sense because I would still have been in front of her if I were driving.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow before I volunteer at church. Maybe go to another DNKN.
Think I mentioned this before - and it is in no way a commentary on your experience - but I've seen a few places (Wendy's for one) that have a sign at the drive-thru saying pedestrians will not be served, and the reason they provide is safety - they don't want people on foot, standing in line in between running cars - which kind of makes sense as there's probably a lot of liability issues involved. But I guess it's up to the business (?)

For Stirch... perhaps ask them their official policy during your next visit.

Think I mentioned this before - and it is in no way a commentary on your experience - but I've seen a few places (Wendy's for one) that have a sign at the drive-thru saying pedestrians will not be served, and the reason they provide is safety - they don't want people on foot, standing in line in between running cars - which kind of makes sense as there's probably a lot of liability issues involved. But I guess it's up to the business (?)

For Stirch... perhaps ask them their official policy during your next visit.
That does make sense. I’m super-friendly with all the coffee servers & they have never said anything, even the manager. Other people do it also. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. This woman was so mean about it. If she had asked I would have let her go before me. She was going to work & I was going to church.

That does make sense. I’m super-friendly with all the coffee servers & they have never said anything, even the manager. Other people do it also. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. This woman was so mean about it. If she had asked I would have let her go before me. She was going to work & I was going to church.
The only beef they could have rightly had with you would have been if you were violating some kind of rule - and that would be up to the management. Otherwise, your place in line is your place in line, like any other line.

The only beef they could have rightly had with you would have been if you were violating some kind of rule - and that would be up to the management. Otherwise, your place in line is your place in line, like any other line.
That’s why the woman was so irrational. If I were in a car she would still have had to wait behind me in line. She was very mean.

People at work who call you names because they think it's funny. Some old Persian dude keeps calling me Jabroni. Can't wait to get the heck outta here. Plus I've been nothing but kind to him. WTF is wrong with people? When you are nice to them, they just act weird.

People at work who call you names because they think it's funny. Some old Persian dude keeps calling me Jabroni.
LOL. Maybe he does it because he knows you refer to him as ‘some old Persian dude”.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I love the idea of a T.V. cop drama comedy titled, "Jabroni and the Persian Dude."

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I love the idea of a T.V. cop drama comedy titled, "Jabroni and the Persian Dude."

Who the heck would play the Persian dude? Would Clooney take this opportunity to return to television? Discuss.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Who the heck would play the Persian dude? Would Clooney take this opportunity to return to television? Discuss.
That Persian dude from 300?

That's actually funny. I'm in!

Eek, the woman who sat in the same pew as me at Sunday Mass yesterday. Yes, she was about 12 feet away from me, but we are not supposed to share a pew with anyone who is not a family member. Gee, some people are so dumb.

Buried in emails from Joe Biden’s campaign. Annoying.
Probably biodegrade a lot quicker than a coffin though so more environment friendly

Covid19, China, Pandemics, Shut Downs, Isolation, Social Distancing, Conflicting News Information, Politicizing Everything, Police Brutality, Riots, Looting, Arson, Destruction, Autonomous Zones, Murders, Rapes, Children Being Shot, Tearing Down Statues, Vandalism, Cancel Culture, Democrat Mayors, Defunding / Abolishing Police, Soaring Crime Rates, AntiFa, BLM.

(Man, Billy Joel could make a song with this list!)

Covid19, China, Pandemics, Shut Downs, Isolation, Social Distancing, Conflicting News Information, Politicizing Everything, Police Brutality, Riots, Looting, Arson, Destruction, Autonomous Zones, Murders, Rapes, Children Being Shot, Tearing Down Statues, Vandalism, Cancel Culture, Democrat Mayors, Defunding / Abolishing Police, Soaring Crime Rates, AntiFa, BLM.

(Man, Billy Joel could make a song with this list!)
Wow - people on YouTube were way ahead of me on this...

(Tell me the guy in this video doesn't resemble Bill Pullman like 20 years ago...)

Got into a convo with an annoying old bugger today. I see this guy occasionally with his small white dog Elwood. Saw him this a.m. & he politely said good morning. I immediately noticed Elwood was limping & could not put weight on his right rear paw. I asked his owner what was going on. He said Elwood has an ingrowing nail on that foot.

Obviously this is alarming since it will eventually become infected & cause great pain to Elwood. (My cat Calyx had an infected paw a year ago that needed treatment. Eventually he could not walk with that leg.) I said to the guy that Elwood needs a vet, which was when he exploded with several “f bombs” that he has no money for a vet! (This is like having a child, but no money for the pediatrician.) There was no discussing anything with him at that point so I walked away.

I was trying to think on my way home how I could help, but couldn’t think of a thing. First, this guy was on his way to the grab & go food pantry so I believe he is indigent. Second, in order to get to a vet he would need cab fare. (Bus will only take a dog small enough to be in a carrier.) If I gave him money for a vet he would spend it on something else, for sure. If I said I would pay for the vet upon production of a receipt, most likely he wouldn’t have the money upfront for a vet.

Quite the dilemma & I dread seeing him & his poor little dog later on. I must say he seems very fond of Elwood though it’s a yelling kind of love.