MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Signups

Tools    

Whooo baseball yeahhhhhh.

I was going to post this tomorrow, but it's 53 degrees out and everything's feeling Springy, so I can't resist. Obviously starting signups earlier only increases the amount of time we spend actively waiting for the baseball season, but it still tricks my brain into anticipating that, instead of waiting to anticipate it, so why not?

First thing's first: if you're not in this league, there may be room for you! It's a pretty competitive league, so you'll want to have played fantasy baseball before, and playing Roto-style, in particular, is a big plus. If you want to play, just reply and say so, and we'll do our best to make room. Note that we try to give priority to a) more active users and b) returning owners.

If you played last year, you actually won't have an invite waiting for you yet, because Yahoo hasn't opened the renewal process yet, but I think it happens in about a week. In the meantime, please check to make sure the email address you used last year is still correct, and if it's not, please PM me the address you're using so I can update it accordingly.

Concerning the draft time: I'm thinking either Saturday, March 10th, or the following Saturday, March 17th. Probably around the usual time, 1:00 PM ET (10:00 AM PT). I'm fine with either, but please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 10th and 17th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 10th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again.

I'll keep a running list of confirmed owners here;
  • Yoda (Freedonia Ducks)
  • mikeython1 (Done and Dunn)
  • rauldc14 (Peanuts&Crackerjacks)
  • mark f (Dodgers)
  • Fabulous (The Empire)
  • Banknotes Harper (High-Level Arbitrage)
  • Sedai (Clockwork Angels)
  • TONGO (The Naturals)
  • Adamantium18 (Hakuna Machado)
  • Powdered Water (Roid or Roid not)
  • seanc (Mudville Nine)
  • Slappydavis (ThWARstein VORPlen)

Also, standard notice: if you want to propose a rule change for consideration and voting, let me know ASAP.

In years past I've alluded to wanting an auction draft, and I know a few other people are into it, but we've really never made headway with the idea beyond those few, so I wasn't planning on pushing for it, unless there's some kind of inexplicable groundswell of interest. I understand it's harder, and a bigger time commitment, so I can't fault anyone for not being into it.

I think the only thing I'd like to propose is an extra DL slot, as a response to MLB switching to a 10-day disabled list. This led to some possible roster shenanigans last year (on MLB teams, not fantasy teams). The need here might have been exaggerated by what seemed like a freakish number of high-profile injuries last season, but the switch does seem to have increased the need on the fantasy side. I'm certainly open-minded on this point, though. Would love to hear feedback either way, especially from anyone who has strong feelings on this.

Other than that, was hoping to keep things mostly the same: 6x6 (standard categories with Holds and OBP, and QS instead of Wins), one-day trade waiting period, and everything else we had last year, which seems pretty well-balanced.

I would also like an Auction League but the only way that would work is if every manager was able to draft. When the computer auto-drafts Auction Leagues it really messes things up.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm in so I can make my life crazier than ever. I know I'll never have a chance at winning unless I change my personality and that will never happen. I can draft on either of those dates. I approve of another DL spot.

I'm in. I would just say no auction because of what Mikey said.
I would also like an Auction League but the only way that would work is if every manager was able to draft. When the computer auto-drafts Auction Leagues it really messes things up.
Guys.

please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 10th and 17th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 10th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again.

I will place myself at "c)" priority.

It's been a few years since I've been in a FB league, and while I think I'll be mostly good on schedule, I'm betting there'll be a few weeks where I'll get really busy and mess up on my rotation. So if there's someone that has more time, experience, or interest than me, I do not want to prevent them from being in the league.

Otherwise, I can keep either of those days in march open around that time.

Sounds good.

Oh, I forgot to mention: trophy this year! I still dunno what inspired TONGO to offer a trophy and a prize last season, but in honor of that generosity I'll spring for a trophy going forward. Thanks, Rob!

Hello, everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. Thank you, Chris for organizing once again.

I am in for the 2018 season and am available for both dates. Consider me a yes vote for the potential additional DL slot and auction draft.

Sounds like leagues can be renewed starting tomorrow. Just a heads-up, as invites will be coming in. Make sure you still have access to last year's address, or else PM me your new one.

A system of cells interlinked
In!

*glares*
please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 10th and 17th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 10th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah right!

In regards to the draft times, and this is extremely important:

Je peux faire n'importe quelle date. De plus, le nom de mon chat est Morty!

Im in and available both dates.

Btw, I was trying to be funny the post I made in other thread, not trying to be dickish.