A Tune for June (song tourney)

Tools    

1st - Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Coming (99 pts)

Congrats to all that got songs through to the final and well done John-Connor on narrowly taking down the win with a well loved classic from Sam & Dave.

Thanks again to all that took part, I hope it provided a little enjoyment here and there over the month.

Wow, what a surprise, wasn't expecting the win.
Thanks everybody for playing and voting on this great tune for June!
Special thanks to Chypmunk for another great job hosting!

We happy!

A system of cells interlinked
Here's that comment Chyp was talking about!

Whoops!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Next one probably in September for those that might be interested.
Glad you enjoyed the format gbg, both If You're Ever In My Arms and The Cowboy Rides Away were not that far away from making the Final so it wasn't quite all 'doom and gloom' for your nominations.

I'll try to find a few more songs like those two for the September tournament, but chances are I'll just nominate more songs that everyone hates.

Weird is relative.
@gbgoodies Don't feel bad, everyone has varying tastes anyway, and I find it fun to play songs I haven't heard before. So each person's nominations are always appreciated.

I'll try to find a few more songs like those two for the September tournament, but chances are I'll just nominate more songs that everyone hates.
Just nominate what you like. I know for some the winning is important in these things but as Mija says there are also those of us that enjoy the aspect of listening to tracks that are new to us rather than just a bunch of very well known songs that anybody could have nominated.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@gbgoodies Don't feel bad, everyone has varying tastes anyway, and I find it fun to play songs I haven't heard before. So each person's nominations are always appreciated.
Thanks. I don't feel bad. I've been in a bunch of these song tournaments over the years, and my noms rarely do well, so I'm used to my songs being out of the tournaments early. (Sometimes I just wish that some of the comments about noms weren't so harsh. I guess people tend to forget that they're criticizing someone else's favorite songs. )

Just nominate what you like. I know for some the winning is important in these things but as Mija says there are also those of us that enjoy the aspect of listening to tracks that are new to us rather than just a bunch of very well known songs that anybody could have nominated.
I'm one of those people who doesn't care about winning. I'm just in these tournaments for the fun of it. (If I cared about winning, I would have quit joining these song tournaments a long time ago. )

I usually try to nominate lesser known songs, which is pretty easy because my favorites are usually in the genres that most people here don't listen to. I even keep a list of everything that I've nominated over the years so I don't nominate the same songs over and over again.

I try to find songs that people won't hate, but it's difficult because of the difference in musical tastes. But it's nice to know that at least a few people enjoy hearing some of my noms once in a while. Thanks.