Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

→ in
Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I guess I just felt that since it happened in real life, no movie that makes it not happen is going to help anything for me I guess.

Oh okay, I guess I just felt that since it happened in real life, no movie that makes it not happen is going to help anything for me I guess.
Think of it this way...directors like to be different. They like to do the unexpected and they don't like doing the same old thing. Tarantino gets a media buzz with his take on the Manson murders and by changing history he also softens the blow of seeing poor Sharon Tate brutally murdered.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I guess, but Tarantino has had a history of doing that in his other movies, he would introduce serious subject matter, but then soften it. I guess I feel like why can't Tarantino for once make a movie that really makes you think when you leave the theater, but he goes for these soft popcorn endings. Nothing wrong with that though

The thing about this film is that it's an unconventional story, like most Tarantino films you really need to think about the next step for the characters.

You can now leave the theater and ponder what the next step is for the survivors one thing I'd like to think about it is what happens with Charlie? By not having any murders or witnesses and a bunch of dead hippies what's the next step for the family.

The movie isn't just about saving a life but also a friendship this was supposed to be the farewell for Cliff, well I doubt that's gonna happen now.

Tbh, saw this movie 2 days ago, too slow,and nothing much happening on screen, this could be the worst tarantino film, very slow paced and nothing important happening for most of the film...

Tbh, saw this movie 2 days ago, too slow,and nothing much happening on screen, this could be the worst tarantino film, very slow paced and nothing important happening for most of the film...
you are not alone

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I loved it, although I can get why many did not. It is more like Death Proof and Jackie Brown than some of his other movies. Leo and Pitt had fantastic chemistry onscreen. And Margot Robbie was rather impressive as Sharon Tate.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

Yeah, the Dicaprio/Pitt chemistry sold me on the rest of the movie. If it was any other two actors, I'd probably cut this movie's rating in half.

Yeah, the Dicaprio/Pitt chemistry sold me on the rest of the movie. If it was any other two actors, I'd probably cut this movie's rating in half.
you don't know what they could bring. If it had tom cruise/christian bale in place of leo/pitt...it will work the same. So don't presume how the movie will be if the cast is different. Such a narrow minded thought process.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That's kind of arrogant. Anyway, Chawhee did write "probably" on the rating if it had been cast with other actors. I agree, and honestly while think Bale can be fantastic I have a hard time seeing a chemistry between his personality and Cruise's. That's subjective btw. Your logic applies that you also do not know what they could bring. I mean, if we're all going to be narrow. They were not cast so there is no way to know.

I'll lay a dollar to a dime that DiCaprio/Pitt will star in another movie or two. They might be the new Redford/Newman. That is, if anyone can afford them...

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Like or don't like, it is overloaded with nuance. Some film student will write a thesis about the "On a roof/Bruce Lee" scene one day.

you don't know what they could bring. If it had tom cruise/christian bale in place of leo/pitt...it will work the same. So don't presume how the movie will be if the cast is different. Such a narrow minded thought process.
Someone called this out already, but thought I would reply....you're making a big assumption saying it would work the same with Bale/Cruise. I like Cruise but Bale has never drawn me to a movie (not to say he's bad). So it wouldn't work the same....for me at least. As stated, cast choices are rather subjective. Narrow minded

Someone called this out already, but thought I would reply....you're making a big assumption saying it would work the same with Bale/Cruise. I like Cruise but Bale has never drawn me to a movie (not to say he's bad). So it wouldn't work the same....for me at least. As stated, cast choices are rather subjective. Narrow minded
The person I replied to made a similarly broad assumption that this movie worked only because of the duo..you don’t know until you see it

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
Has anybody seen it already, any thoughts?

The truth is in here
It's not just about the actor being good, it's the actor fitting in the role as well. John Wayne is a good actor, but although I don't think he was as bad as people say, he was definitely not the right person to play Djingis Khan, American or not.

I really enjoyed Dicaprio and Pitt + Robbie, but the movie itself ... slow and quite boring. Not much of an action or something that would really get me to watch it with interest, some scenes were way too long. The ending was the best part.

Dope flick!
Much more suspense and tension building than we usually get from Tarantino.
It's definitely not a movie for mad 12 year old Christian Bale groupies and fanboys.
Also you gotta know your 60's/70's flicks (even the less critically acclaimed ones) or this whole movie will go way over your head.
Had to deduct half a bucket for the Bruce Lee scene (unbelievable BS), but other than that QT delivered for me once again.
Lorenza Izzo, Hello :-)
84/100
+

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Has anybody seen it already, any thoughts?

It's really good and will only get better with age and repeat viewings.

WARNING: "thoughts" spoilers below

- If you are in the Bruce Lee family, I can see being upset. If not, then realize that Cliff is fantasizing what happened, not remembering what he did. He's a complete dirtbag. How else would that character remember something like. If anything, the car spells it out for you.

- The stuff with Sharon Tate is really good without her having to splain' a bunch of stuff. She is happy and on the rise, yet to be jaded or have a setback. She is hope. This is her beginning

- Cliff and Rick are the opposite to her. They are at the end and trying not to accept that things are not going to be getting better for them. Their time is over.

- The end scene is a perfect analogy for Cliff and Rick's relationship. One does the heavy lifting, one takes all the credit.

- The title is "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" and it is a fairy-tale. Lest we forget, they spell it out at the end of the movie.

It's really good and will only get better with age and repeat viewings.

WARNING: "thoughts" spoilers below

- If you are in the Bruce Lee family, I can see being upset. If not, then realize that Cliff is fantasizing what happened, not remembering what he did. He's a complete dirtbag. How else would that character remember something like. If anything, the car spells it out for you.

- The stuff with Sharon Tate is really good without her having to splain' a bunch of stuff. She is happy and on the rise, yet to be jaded or have a setback. She is hope. This is her beginning

- Cliff and Rick are the opposite to her. They are at the end and trying not accept that things are not going to be getting better for them. Their time is over.

- The end scene is a perfect analogy for Cliff and Rick's relationship. One does the heavy lifting, one takes all the credit.

- The title is "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" and it is a fairy-tale. Lest we forget, they spell it out at the end of the movie.
WARNING: " " spoilers below
Fantasy or not I don't want him depicted in that way, and yeah in a way Bruce Lee is my father..