Name the Director

Tools    

Only one of the pics is coming through on my work computer, but it is Matthew McConaughey and Breckin Meyer in Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, meaning the director is...
Mark Waters

Which means the Parker Posey pic is from The House of Yes.

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Peter Chelsom
His career began with the wonderful Hear My Song and Funny Bones. Then it kind of went blah after that. Tellingly he wrote both of those scripts and only one of his subsequent features.

The movies Claire took are Diane Keaton in Town & Country, which infamously became one of the biggest financial flops in the history of cinema, Kate Beckinsale and Molly Shannon in Serendipity, and Susan Sarandon, Richard Gere, JLo, and Stanley Tucci in Shall We Dance.

OPEN FLOOR

Darn it, can’t think of the famous British actor’s name in 1st photo. I recently enjoyed him in something where he played an American. Will take a look at my twitter feed & see if I can find him.

Got it. Jonathan Pryce.