Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

This true story got very good reviews on IMDb & it has a stellar cast, but I found it to be terribly dull. Just could not get into it at all.

Sometimes i can not even finish the trailer of a movie.
Batman vs Superman was super-boring, didn't finish it.
Can't really reemember other names, but i usially fall asleep in the middle if i don't like the action

Kings (2018) its just awful

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Used Cars, not because of me - because I was enjoying it myself, but because Mom couldn't handle the profanity. I guess I'll just have to take some of my own time to sit down and watch it.

Omg, Calvary was so disappointingly unfunny .... The Guard on the other hand, delightful.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Omg, Calvary was so disappointingly unfunny .... The Guard on the other hand, delightful.
It's extremely DARK humour, so I wouldn't expect people to laugh.

Suspect's Reviews

It's extremely DARK humour, so I wouldn't expect people to laugh.
No, it just wasn't humorous at all to me - crude yes, humorous no.
And before you perhaps suggest otherwise, I like dark humour plenty enough

This movie got terrible reviews, which is why it wasn’t in my Netflix Q. But I could stream it on HBO Now so I thought I’d give it a shot. Sterling cast, good director, Woody Allen’s long-time editor, etc., etc.

The reason I immediately bailed out was because the movie was set in Norway, but nobody spoke Norwegian. Everyone spoke English to each other, which made no sense.

Amazing ensemble cast, but not interesting at all to me for the 1st 30 minutes. Maybe it improved later on since I read some good reviews.

This might just do nobody any good.
The reason I immediately bailed out was because the movie was set in Norway, but nobody spoke Norwegian. Everyone spoke English to each other, which made no sense.
Well, that’s one new reason for why people immediately bailed on this movie.

This movie got terrible reviews, which is why it wasn’t in my Netflix Q. But I could stream it on HBO Now so I thought I’d give it a shot. Sterling cast, good director, Woody Allen’s long-time editor, etc., etc.

And nobody had a Norwegian accent? Apparently they used a Swedish accent for everyone in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake apart from Daniel Craig. Work that out .

Topical you should bring this up because I was watching a bit of our British Wallander the other day. It was showered with plaudits and awards and yet I find it damn near unwatchable. That's because the collective voice is so middle-to-upper-class that you don't get a chance to feel like you're in Sweden at all, and the actors seem so unengaged and remote from the material that it's like they're in a fog. Sarah Smart is the only person that appealed to me in the production as she seemed to fit the character in the books nicely.

The question seems to be how do you effectively transpose the character of the people in a foreign region using an English or American accent? To the Swedes our Wallander must have sounded like the equivalent of everyone being from Stockholm. There's that great Taggart line where the Glasgow police are in a room in Edinburgh. A clock chimes and one says "Even the clocks are patronising", so we see that fractious relationship with a country's capital city a lot. A better equivalent might have been to have the Skåne police use British northern accents, a London accent for Stockholm and work from that. You'd have to look into what was the best match-up.

If I watch a movie set in Norway & Norwegians speak to each other in the movie, I expect their dialogue to be subtitled. People did have accents in the movie, but, as I said, they all spoke English to each other.

I hated Wallander with a passion.

Just finished the original Danish series of the Bridge. All the dialogue was in Danish & Swedish with English subtitles.

Well, any movie which uses English as its main languae no matter which country it's set in would do that to you.

But in this case the instinct served you well. That movie was ****ing terrible.