Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

It's definitely a valid point. I noticed that the Bob Dylan cover song seems to be doing well in this tournament too. Maybe that and The Beatles cover song should have been nominated in the recent Cover Song song tournament. IMO, they're both better than the original artists versions.
Blasphemy
Where's me ducking stool

Legend in my own mind
ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

The Commodores ~ Still vs. Oasis - Cast No Shadow

Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word vs. R.E.M, - Everybody Hurts

The Cranberries - Put Me Down vs. Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.)

Three Days Grace - Fallen Angel vs. Kevin Sharp - Nobody Knows

Oasis - Don't Go Away (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. The Band Perry - If I Die Young

Portishead - Glory Box vs. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven

Billie Holiday - Gloomy Sunday vs. Swans - No Cure For The Lonely

Imagine Dragons - Demons vs. Metallica - Fade to Black

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

The Cranberries - Put Me Down vs. Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

Oasis - Don't Go Away vs. The Band Perry - If I Die Young

Finally remembered to finish this off

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

The Cranberries - Put Me Down vs. Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.)

Oasis - Don't Go Away (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. The Band Perry - If I Die Young

It's definitely a valid point. I noticed that the Bob Dylan cover song seems to be doing well in this tournament too. Maybe that and The Beatles cover song should have been nominated in the recent Cover Song song tournament. IMO, they're both better than the original artists versions.
hmm...
I think if they do win they shouldn't bear the name of Bob or the Beatles. I think the wording should be changed in the rounds now if they're going forward.
Some people are commenting on the pairing as if it is really those guys, so they're obviously not listening properly. I think we should change the name to 'Unknown artist - Yesterday' and 'Unknown artist - Knockin' on Heavens Door' in the next rounds. Sorry if you think this is pedantic but both Bob and The Beatles mean a lot to me and so does music in general.

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

Oasis - Don't Go Away (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. The Band Perry - If I Die Young I like both of these, but I like If I Die Young loads more without the awfully twee video. Just looking at those boys hair puts me off, but without vid it's a nice song. I like the country flavour and the banjos and violins

Portishead - Glory Box[/b] vs. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven

Billie Holiday - Gloomy Sunday
vs. Swans - No Cure For The Lonely

Imagine Dragons - Demons
vs. Metallica - Fade to Black

I'll need to wait 'til later. If something happens to where I can't get back to them in time, don't worry with my whereabouts. Go ahead. I'm leaving in just a bit, and I won't be back until Friday night. I'm taking care of someone who just got out of rehab for physical therapy. They're older, and I'd feel a lot better knowing that they're able to cook, clean, etc . . . on their own, before I allow them to live alone. Have fun!

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Lissie - Here Before vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Bullet For My Valentine - Bittersweet Memories vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. RadioHead - Pyramid song

Mark Chesnutt - I'll Think of Something vs. System of a Down - Roulette

This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren vs.Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

Three Days Grace - Fallen Angel
vs. Kevin Sharp - Nobody Knows

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Lissie - Here Before vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore

The Beatles - Yesterday vs. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own

Bullet For My Valentine - Bittersweet Memories vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. RadioHead - Pyramid song

Mark Chesnutt - I'll Think of Something vs. System of a Down - Roulette

This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren vs.Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be

Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side of Heaven
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
hmm...
I think if they do win they shouldn't bear the name of Bob or the Beatles. I think the wording should be changed in the rounds now if they're going forward.
Some people are commenting on the pairing as if it is really those guys, so they're obviously not listening properly. I think we should change the name to 'Unknown artist - Yesterday' and 'Unknown artist - Knockin' on Heavens Door' in the next rounds. Sorry if you think this is pedantic but both Bob and The Beatles mean a lot to me and so does music in general.

That's fair. If they go through to the next round, I'll change the artists' names to "Unknown Artist" on each of those songs.

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

@christine, I'm just double-checking that your vote in this match is for "Portishead - Glory Box" because you missed the opening BOLD tag.

ROUND 2 - DAY 3:

Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version] vs. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - I like both of these

@christine, I'm not going to force you to vote in this match if you don't want to, but it's a tie, and you're the only one who skipped it, so I'll give you the first chance to break the tie.

If you don't want to vote in that match, let me know and I'll find a random MoFo to break the tie.

ROUND 2 - DAY 4:

The Cranberries - Put Me Down vs. Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

We'll wait a day or two for the following people to vote, but then we'll have to close the last two sets to move on to Round 3.

These are the people who haven't voted in the previous sets:

DAY 3 is still open for @christine to vote in this match only:

DAY 4 is still open for @Ðèstîñy, @Little Devil and @mistique to vote.

sorry GBG I always choose one or the other so it's just rushing or trying to vote on my phone that's messed up!

@christine, I'm just double-checking that your vote in this match is for "Portishead - Glory Box" because you missed the opening BOLD tag.
oops sorry GBG I was voting for Portishead

and

@christine, I'm not going to force you to vote in this match if you don't want to, but it's a tie, and you're the only one who skipped it, so I'll give you the first chance to break the tie.

If you don't want to vote in that match, let me know and I'll find a random MoFo to break the tie.
Black Sabbath in this tie