A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

I'm just tired of all the reboots

Just tired

And **** off with prequels.

And I've only heard godawful things

The only reason I'd consider watchign ROSW is because I started that nonsense. Than again, I"ve never watched Revenge (Return? Relapse?) of the Sith either.
I think your description of TFA is a pretty apt description of Solo. It’s certainly the most enjoyable and authentically “Star Wars” of the Disney-verse. I dig it but I have questionable taste at best.

I don't believe so. I think the original plan was the Abrams-Johnson-Trevorrow thing which was thrown to the wolves after Henry (rip) provided the adequete doubt to throw the latter's capabilities out of the picture, and from what I gathered from all of the creative principals, none of them seemed to be on the same page at any given moment. Abrams publicly chided Johnson's choices, showing no evident understanding between them, and ROS, on paper, has all of the hallmarks of a salvage fricassee. I think maybe one reason why the brunt of the blame falls on ROS is because it's the reveal that Abrams' mystery boxes had been exhausted. If you build it, it will collapse under its own weight - Death Star 101.
Definitely. I’m not saying Abrams had an enforceable plan in place and Johnson was allowed to toss everything in the trash on a whim. I’m sure Trevorrow would’ve been even worse, given his track record.

However, between TFA and TROS, You can see the connections between them both obvious and subtle, which probably would’ve been pretty decent if the middle section had cared at all to develop them even slightly.

Ultimately, Abrams treated TLJ with as much reverence as Johnson treated TFA and it creates a disjointed and broken trilogy of conflicting ideas.

That said, it’s all a million times more enjoyable than the prequels. At least these weren’t 90% walking slowly down hideous CGI hallways and deadpan delivering atrocious dialogue.

Your next fan edit should be to turn the original trilogy into a horror film. Send me your Patreon link.
You just want more yeti and yeti-adjacent content.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

You just want more yeti and yeti-adjacent content.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I'm still waiting on MKS' space fantasy edit of Shriek of the Mutilated.

But, whatever, ignore my needs if you must.

Famed horror franchise, Star Wars.
The terror began with the Phantom Menace, but the menace was no phantom. It was a herald of things to become.

Now I saw when Disney opened one of the vaults; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Coming Soon!" And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a mystery box; and a FAT check was given to him, and he went out sowing nostalgia.

When Disney opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Coming Soon!" Another horse, fiery red, went out. And Kathleen was granted to be the one who sat on the franchise it to bring gender studies to the Earth, that people should know that the force is female and that the Empire is white supremacist; and there was given to her a great amount of creative control, to meddle, shape, (and generally f*** things up).

When Disney opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Coming Soon!" So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had subversive ideas to tease, but not really pay off. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "$10 dollars admission to see your childhood ruined, and buy the Rose Tico dolls or you're racist."

When Disney opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see The Last Jedi, after all, you've come this far..." So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Franchise Death, and hell followed with him.

I'm still waiting on MKS' space fantasy edit of Shriek of the Mutilated.

But, whatever, ignore my needs if you must.
*quietly deletes fan edit of SHREK of the Mutilated*

I’ll read better next time.

Annabelle though. Great motion picture. Terrifying. This is a Kylo I can believe exists among ust.

Can’t tell if you’re joking here or not…..
I'm not joking that Annabelle is a great movie.

Did JJ just ask me to rank the entire Conjuring Universe??? Don’t mind if I do!

The Conjuring
Annabelle Creation
The Conjuring 2
Annabelle Comes Home
The Nun
The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It
Annabelle
The Curse of La Llarona

I've seen very little of the Conjuring universe, but I'll rank them regardless

1) Conjuring 2 (easily, even thought it isn't that good)
2) Conjuring (I don't hate it as much as you think)
3) Annabelle (I happened upon maybe twenty minutes in the middle I sort of like....then continued watching and it was obviously trash....still haven't seen the beginning)

I would rather die than ever see The Nun

I would rather die than ever see The Nun
But what if I told you it’s the closest, most lavish modern analog to classic Hammer horror and Bava gothic since Crimson Peak?

I would say you were overdosing on MKS fumes.
MKS fume free, ain’t the way to be. Alright alright alright.

But what if I told you it’s the closest, most lavish modern analog to classic Hammer horror and Bava gothic since Crimson Peak?
This is basically accurate, but the movie is at best a 6/10.