Father who doesn't want his daughter to marry someone

Tools    

Well hello there movie geeks,

This one has been giving me trouble for quite some time now and some help getting the title of the movie I have in mind would be super appreciated.

Movie is almost certainly taking place in the US and the language is (American) English.

So... as the lead actor (the father) I remember Nicholas Cage BUT maybe I am insane (or smoked too much weeds at the time of watching).

Basically it's about a father meeting his soon to be son in law and his family, and he is properly disgusted and super annoyed and immediately judge them as being lower class idiots.

He is clearly saying to his daughter "**** off you are not marring this ****ing idiot, no way Jose"

The daughter is not impressed and tell him to deal with it, and goes on with the marriage (you go girl !)

In the end the father accept his son in law and his family.

I only remember this one scene vividly :

During a family dinner, the mother of the son in law tells her husband to "drink his milk and shut the **** up" at dinner (hilarious line)

This is it folks...

Thank you !!!!

Why Him? would be the place to start.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hi,

The son in law is lower class (think he has a pony tail) and not a multi millionaire hot shot.

Also the movie is more of an emotional drama with some comedy aspect to it, not really a comedy.

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers for that, I misread the guidelines.

I've changed the thread title to be more descriptive, per the warning beneath the title field:

I got it !

About Schmidt - 2002