Quaratine watch List

→ in
Tools    

Space Force
The reunion between Steve Carrell and Greg Daniels had so much hype going for it that there was almost no way it could live up to it. For the most part this just a decent show. If you want The Office but in space then don’t bother watching cause you will be disappointed. One of the biggest issues with this show is that it is inconsistent. There are times that its a really funny show and then there are times where it gets pretty boring. Steve Carrell isnt exactly great here (he has his moments of funny but its not all the time), he does this stupid voice thing where he try’s to sound like a general and cant quite pull it off, bro just stick with your regular voice. The main comedy comes from the supporting cast especially Ben Schwartz. Him and Fred Willard are hands down the highlights and steal the show every time they are on screen. Another issue with this show is that it has no ****ing clue what it wants to be. It ranges between wacky over the top comedy (like when Carrell full on dance routines to the song Kokomo which also goes on for far to long), political satire (plenty of jokes poking fun of Trump), or just The Office with space instead of paper. The show needs to stop trying to be one of these, ill say cut the over the top stuff and focus on something else. This still a worthy show to watch but just lower expectations a little bit. 6/10

Uncut Gems
Choo Choo all aboard the over ****ing rated train. Is it good, yes it is, was it worth all the hype and talk of Best Picture and Best Actor HELL ****ing no. The critics sucked this movies cock way to much. Adam Sandler does absolutely nothing special in this movie. He was way better in Click and Funny People, he at least shows range in those movies and a ability to make me cry in Click (that final scene with his dad and the neding in the rain). Thats right ****ers I have no shame in admitting that I creied twice during it, and if you don’t then what kind of heartless monster are you? I cant think of a scene where I thought, wow he is ****ing killing it here. He is just alright, nothing great and nothing to win a award for. The supporting cast isnt much better either, again Kevin Garnett is good in his 10 minutes of screen time but he shouldnt be getting that much love for his role, the whole rest of the cast isnt very good. None of them can act and im pretty sure one girl got the role cause her body is dope.The one good thing the directors did was create a sense of anxiety and pressure. You can feel the pressure on Sandler as more and more people want their money. You feel his desperation in trying to get out this massive debt that he has created Which doesnt mean much in the end cause he still gets a bullet in the head for being a annoying prick. This is still a decent movie but **** right off with all the accolades. 6/10

Heartbreak Ridge
This is weak Clint Eastwood movie. Not even he could save this movie from being good or interesting. The storyline of him and his ex wife was a complete waste of time. The other actors completely fail at helping it being good as well. If they were supposed to be comic relief then they failed real hard at their jobs. That probably explains why none of them had careers afterwards except for one of them. The end battle scene was also really lame and just completely uninteresting. One year later the Full Metal Jacket was released and is a far superior military movie. 5.5/10

Pans Labyrinth
When I watched this movie 14 years ago I wasn’t terribly impressed with it and thought it was average. 14 years later I can say I was wrong and this movie was damn good. The mix of fantasy and reality was solid and honestly I don’t know what else to say. Its a good damn movie but its all in Spanish so be prepared to read subtitles if you watch it. 8.5/10

X-Men: X2
Way back in the day this was one of the best comic book movies ever made and this movie has stood the test of time. It may not be the best anymore but it will always remian in the top echelon. From the opening White House scene with Nightcrawler to the iconic Xmen house raid which is the finest Wolverine fight scene, the action is here is damn good. Story wise this movie is good as well. Between the relationship of Professor X and Magneto and the Wolverine storyline, the actual movie and story are ****ing great. Hands down this is the best X-Men movie and I would gladly recommend anyone to watch this movie. 9/10

X-Men Days of Future Past
Coming in second place for best X-Men movie is this absolute gem right here. Everything about this movie rules from the actors (Michael Fassbender especially was great), the action (go and checkout that Quicksilver scene **** is ****ing dope), to the story, everything is on point. The only drawback to this movie is all the plotholes that are going on. For instance they don’t address how the **** Professor X is alive. I mean he dies in that abomination of a movie The Last Stand and since they reference that movie as being in the timeline then there is no explanation for him being alive. Also how the **** do they know that Wolverine is in the water? I think there were more but these were the top two. Overall though this movie is still amazing and its a fun ass watch at anytime. You could go either way with which is better this or X2 but you cant go wrong either way. The plot holes are the only reason I would rank it number 2. 9/10

Lords of Chaos
Its tough to take this movie seriously when not one actor even tries to do a Norwegian accent. I guess this movie is alright. Rory Culkin (yes Home Alone guy has a little brother) does alright in the lead but the rest of the cast is pretty weak. Val Kilmers son takes after his father and does nothing but blankly stare and offer no real emotion. The dude who plays Varg is also pretty crappy. He shows no emotional range at all. He just seems wooden and again is just kind of there. Its ironinc that both characters talk about hating posers while both of them are in fact posers. They both needed their parents to make it through life as they lived of their money the whole damn time. If you don’t care about metal music then don’t check this movie out, if you like metal music then check it out, its not a terrible movie. 5.5/10

Man of TaiChi
Bet you didn’t Keanu Reeves directed a movie. Well you do now jabroni because he directed this movie. This is solid ass martial artist movie. Its Reeves paying homage to those old school martial arts movie. The fight scenes are amazing as well. He really did a good job directing the movie in that aspect. And damn the music during those fights was ****ing amazing. Especially the fight scene when he fights the two guys at the same time. Woooooo damn that scene was ****ing fire son. The drawbacks here though is that the acting is trash. Keanu doesnt offer up much as a villain except brief glimpses of being menacing and the lead actor cant act all. Legit he was a fight choreographer for movies before this so he isnt even a actor. The acting aside this movie still damn good and if you like fights then you will like this. 7.6/10

The Incredibles 2
Clear case of the sequel not being as good as the original. This is a letdown in all areas. Story wise its weak as all hell, the main villain is garbage, and the characters arent as fun or good as the first one. I realized early on that I hate the mom and daughters voices. They are super ****ing annoying, especially the moms annoying southern accent which has a this slight whistle thing in it ad I just want to mute the movie when she is talking. There is no iconic scenes like in the first one where he asks where his super suit is. I will admit the helicopter scene was pretty good but the rest is forgettable. The only good thing about this movie is jack jack. He is the only thing that keeps this movie entertaining. Comparing this to the first one and there is no doubt they arent in the same league as one another. 6.5/10

The Muppets (2011)
Dude I ****ing love the Muppets and I have no shame in it. This is a quintessential Muppets movie. Its got heart for days, catchy ass songs (“Am I a Muppet or a Man” will be in your heads for days), its funny, and just something about it makes you feel good. Jason Segal wrote the perfect Muppets movie and the director did a great job bringing the good vibes out here. Damn this movie just makes you feel good. I also liked how they limited the celebrity cameos, or at least they just felt not so over the top as the other movies. No doubt in my mind that this is the best of all of them. 9/10

The Muppets Most Wanted
The follow up the Muppets movie was not on the same level. Its not as a funny and it deosnt have the make you feel good vibes as its predecessor. The evil Kermits voice is annoying at first but it gets better as the movie goes along. Its still decent its just a middle of the road Muppet movie. 7/10

I, Tonya
This is a damn good movie. Everyone in this ****ing nailed it. It was written pretty well (unlike these reviews BBOOMMM sick self burn) and the directed nailed it as well. This definitely deserved all the praise that it got. They nailed the casting of Jeff Gillooly (yes that is his real last name) and Shawn (the fat guy), They both looked and sounded like the real people. The big issue with this movie is the stupid breaking of the fourth wall that it does. For the most part I hate when movies do that, in some cases it works but not here. So yeah I would recommend everyone to watch this movie. 8.7/10

My son didn't care for Space Force, but he LOVES the Office so maybe that's why. We finally watched The Ozarks during quarantine and are hooked!