Will anybody go to see a new or old Woody Allen movie? Ever?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
yea it’s pretty hard to believe a dude who married his girlfriend’s daughter and makes movies in which he dates underage girls might have done something creepy. it’s always a good idea to side with the extremely powerful person with far more incentive to lie. sure, that might mean powerful people get to keep abusing people and molesting children without consequences, but at least woody will get a chance to make his next shltty movie that nobody is asking for.
If Mia Farrow is lying, hypothetically speaking, do you think that maybe she saw his movies where he dates underage girls like Manhattan for example, and that's where she would get the idea from to use this to her advantage, as oppose to him doing it in his movies, just being a coincidence?

I'm not sure what "advantage" she ended up getting from this, or what kind of evil mastermind sociopath she'd have to be to actually plan that. Or how that squares with the fact that it didn't seem to "work."

She also didn't trick Allen into, ya' know, romancing a teenager under their care, which remains the single most significant fact we have about the man and his predilections.

The trick is not minding
As much as I am a huge fan of his, he will never be able to repair his image after his affair with Soon Yi while underage (despite his claims otherwise).
Now, on the other hand, the allegations against him regarding his daughter are still just that. Allegations. I have not seen enough to satisfy my thoughts one way or the other yet, and I realize this may be controversial to some here,
That being said, I still continue to watch and enjoy his work.

Yes, I agree with those who say that Allen has not been convicted of any crime. I do find some of his behaviour odd and suspect but I do not know if that amounts to anything. However, as an innocent man and an amazing director I will always have time for his movies. Zelig is a masterpiece and Hannah and Her Sisters is a near perfect comedy.

Yeah i probably would. I have learned to separate his/her personal life from the movie. There are plenty of other people involved in the movie who out in the hard work too. If not for Woody, at least for them.

I liked most of his work. Some are a bit too "trying to be sophisticated" stuff. But others are very enjoyable.

I'm not sure what "advantage" she ended up getting from this, or what kind of evil mastermind sociopath she'd have to be to actually plan that. Or how that squares with the fact that it didn't seem to "work."

She also didn't trick Allen into, ya' know, romancing a teenager under their care, which remains the single most significant fact we have about the man and his predilections.

Really? You don't see what advantages she received from the rape accusation? During a custody dispute! She was able to take the only true biological child of Woody and raised her to believe she was molested by him.

Really? You don't see what advantages she received from the rape accusation? During a custody dispute!
I thought the "advantage" referenced was one of those suggestions that she did it for attention/coverage/her career/whatever. The context (what I replied to, specifically) doesn't mention the custody dispute at all. But if that's not the implication, then I suppose it's arguable.

She was able to take the only true biological child of Woody and raised her to believe she was molested by him.
I'm not really sure where this certitude is coming from.

Have you looked at Ronan...how about comparing Dylan to her father and her half sister. Also Mia Farrow broke up a marriage when she got pregnant by Andre Previn. I swear if we were on Kings Landing you would believe Robert Baratheon was a true husband to Cersei.

Have you looked at Ronan...how about comparing Dylan to her father and her half sister. Also Mia Farrow broke up a marriage when she got pregnant by Andre Previn. I swear if we were on Kings Landing you would believe Robert Baratheon was a true husband to Cersei.
Yeah, or the part I was referring to was the "raised her to believe she was molested by him" part and not the "biological child" part. But sure, lead with the snark if you want.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought the "advantage" referenced was one of those suggestions that she did it for attention/coverage/her career/whatever. The context (what I replied to, specifically) doesn't mention the custody dispute at all. But if that's not the implication, then I suppose it's arguable.

Oh well, when I said advantage, I didn't really have a specific advantage, in mind, I was just hypothesizing on the theory, if she came up with this deliberately, based on him dating underage girls in his past movies. No specific advantage that I can think of, just if she were to do it for any advantage at all I meant.

So, all this started because A) Mia Farrow maybe is mentally unbalanced and B) she's understandable pissed that Woody has a relationship with her adopted daughter (who's an adult). Not to hard to believe then that a nutsy, scorned woman might throw some serious **** on her ex husband in that situation.
Let’s not crucify Mia Farrow here. And Allen is not her former husband: they never married. She has done a ton of stuff for disabled & disadvantaged children. As well as many other humanitarian causes. More than anyone I know. The fact that she hated Allen doesn’t make her “mentally unbalanced”. Many people loathe & detest their exes.

...hooking up with his wife's previous marriage daughter...
How many times?! ALLEN & FARROW NEVER MARRIED! SOON-YI WAS FARROW’S ADOPTED DAUGHTER!

I guess it's like, "what's the greatest movie"...a topic that won't go away.
LOL. It’s like COVID-19.

As much as I am a huge fan of his, he will never be able to repair his image after his affair with Soon Yi while underage (despite his claims otherwise).
Soon-Yi Previn was 22 when their affair started & 27 when they married.

She was able to take the only true biological child of Woody and raised her to believe she was molested by him.
Dylan Farrow is not Allen’s biological daughter. She is adopted.

The trick is not minding
After further review, upon Stirchleys post, it seems I was in error. I’d like to retract my earlier statement. Seems I misremembered it.
Court records show their relationship didn’t start until 1991, where she was of legal age.

Let’s not crucify Mia Farrow here. And Allen is not her former husband: they never married. She has done a ton of stuff for disabled & disadvantaged children. As well as many other humanitarian causes. More than anyone I know. The fact that she hated Allen doesn’t make her “mentally unbalanced”. Many people loathe & detest their exes.
Many of the stated facts posted by Siddon point to a woman who was mentally unbalanced in the way she handled her children, ergo her claims are suspect.

Many of the stated facts posted by Siddon point to a woman who was mentally unbalanced in the way she handled her children, ergo her claims are suspect.
Does Siddon personally know her? He posits in this statement that it’s somehow suspect that Farrow married a man 30 years her senior. “When Mia was 21 she married Frank Sinatra a man 30 years older than her.”

Does Siddon personally know her? He posits in this statement that it’s somehow suspect that Farrow married a man 30 years her senior. “When Mia was 21 she married Frank Sinatra a man 30 years older than her.”
He posted excerpts from Mia's adoptive son.

I think the bigger question is whether Woody will ever make a film that's worth watching again. The quality has been falling year in year.

I think the bigger question is whether Woody will ever make a film that's worth watching again. The quality has been falling year in year.
Now that's a worthy topic, thanks for posting that.

I haven't seen his latest film yet A Rainy Day in New York (2019), but I loved his second to last film Wonder Wheel (2017)...I think the thing is, Woody isn't making the type of films that young people like. Which is good as we need diversity. We already have enough directors making superhero, sequels and action flicks...so it's good to have a different perspective and different type of film making that is the hallmark of Woody Allen's films.

Now that's a worthy topic, thanks for posting that.

I haven't seen his latest film yet A Rainy Day in New York (2019), but I loved his second to last film Wonder Wheel (2017)...I think the thing is, Woody isn't making the type of films that young people like. Which is good as we need diversity. We already have enough directors making superhero, sequels and action flicks...so it's good to have a different perspective and different type of film making that is the hallmark of Woody Allen's films.
Yeah, but there are plenty of filmmakers doing stuff young people don't like... Scorsese, PTA, Wes Anderson (his live action stuff), etc.