"The Words" SPOILER ALERT

→ in
Tools    

I was anxious to see this movie because I was curious as to what the old man would do about the fact that the writer stole his work . In the end he did basically nothing, why is that ? So what was the "steep price that the writer paid for stealing another man's work " ? I think that it destroyed his marriage but other than that I didn't see any other consequence for his actions.

I was very confused by this movie. I didn't understand the fact that two different actors seemed to be portraying the same character. Dennis Quaid and Bradley Cooper both play the part of a writer who is the film's central character.

I think the point was that one of them was telling the story of the other one. But beyond that, I just found the story to be confusing and it seems to me this movie just fails to pay off. I.E. What is the payoff?

If there is a moral, it would be that "Stealing is wrong". OK. But is that worth watching a move of length 1:45?

I'm trying to think of any other interesting scenes and I'm coming up empty.

But to be fair, I could easily be mistaken because I utterly failed to get the point of this movie. Someone who understands the point could easily explain it and could have some solid points that meant this movie was significant. But that person is clearly not me. I'm afraid that IMO, it just sucked.

The worst part? Zoe Seldana has appeared in many films in which she is a stunning beauty. But in this film, the pairing between Cooper and Seldana completely falls flat for me. It just doesn't work. When I look at the two together, my reaction is, "How could these two people ever have fallen in love? They both could do so much better than the other one."