Your Favorite spaceship reveal thread

Tools    

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it's better than the book.
Say what??? You're not a fan of the original Dune novel? Usually it's: 'I hope the new Dune movie can be as good as the book.'

Say what??? You're not a fan of the original Dune novel? Usually it's: 'I hope the new Dune movie can be as good as the book.'

I have lots of issues with it, mainly regarding the ending; the last 50 pages or so are so rushed compared to the pace of the rest of the book. It's like Herbert was writing a 1200 page novel and then at about 450 pages in his agent called and said "Frank, it can only be 500 pages long mate" so instead of rewriting it he just dashed off a quick ending, sent it to the publisher and went out for a beer. Fast forward a few years and it's now regarded by many as the best sci-fi novel ever written. Crazy stuff.

I have lots of issues with it, mainly regarding the ending; the last 50 pages or so are so rushed compared to the pace of the rest of the book. It's like Herbert was writing a 1200 page novel and then at about 450 pages in his agent called and said "Frank, it can only be 500 pages long mate" so instead of rewriting it he just dashed off a quick ending, sent it to the publisher and went out for a beer. Fast forward a few years and it's now regarded by many as the best sci-fi novel ever written. Crazy stuff.
That's cool. So do you like any of the Dune movies?

That's cool. So do you like any of the Dune movies?

I haven't seen any TBH. Denis Villeneuve is one of the most interesting directors working in Hollywood ATM and he's assembled a decent cast so I've got high hopes for the upcoming adaptation.