Cry Macho

I think the time has come for Clint to stop staring in movies and just stick with directing. Clint can still act, and he carries this movie. His acting does still shine, especially in the second half when you get to know Mike. So then why should he stop acting? It's simply ****ing sad to see him walking around. Every time he is walking around, it looks like he is about fall over (he walks like he **** his pants or knees are about to give out) and may need a med-alert to get up. There was even a time when he just looked like a lost grandpa on the screen. The dude is a legend and is one of the best of all time, but I just don't want to see him on screen anymore.

As for the movie itself, it's average. The plot is flimsy at best. The kid has no reason whatsoever to follow or listen to Mike when they first meet. I could have cared less about any of the uninteresting characters outside of Clint's. The first half is slow, tedious, and tiresome. The Spanish actor kid sucked as well. It was painful to listen to his speech at the end of the movie. I'll give the second half credit, though, because that saves the film. As the story goes on, we learn more about Mike, and the connection between him and the kid grows.

This movie is fine even with me massively ****ting on it. A stronger second half saved the film, but you already know that because my dumb-ass already stated that. 6/10

It's a damn shame Sam Mendes didn't win an Oscar for Best Director (Go here for a full breakdown for the best picture nominees of the 92nd Oscarsfor this movie. I'm not knocking Bong Joon Ho because he did do an excellent job with Parasite. Hell, that movie is better than this one. That being said, Sam did a better job directing. His camera style was second to none here. The feeling of it being one single shot made you feel like you were actually with the characters. I absolutely loved the sequences when Schoefield was running across no man's land, and dudes in the background were running into the battle; it was remarkable.

The first half of this movie was incredible. As the journey unfolds with the two characters, you really started to bond with them. The scene when they run across no man's land and explore the bunker is tense and unnerving. Once Blake dies, though (similar to Saving Private Ryan, you can never trust a German soldier after saving their life), the movie slides into mediocrity. Blake was the soul of this movie. Without him, the movie just isn't the same. The middle section is bland and uninteresting. The German army shows that there are soldiers who have a worse aim than the Storm-troopers from Star Wars. Schofield should have been dead about two minutes into his solo adventure. The guest spots from other famous actors weren't that great either. Mark Strong, Colin Firth, and Benedict Cumberbatch add nothing in their brief time on screen. However, Richard Madden and Andrew Scott were both excellent (especially Scott) in their respective scenes. The ending is a solid wrap-up to the movie.

Overall this is a solid movie. The beginning and end are great. However, the middle part is just dull. Sam's camera work is incredible throughout the whole movie. 8.3/10

Midsommar

This should be a movie that I hate. It's a slow-paced, psychological, and character-driven movie. I usually hate that ****, but this movie ruled, and it's a vast improvement over Hereditary. The characters aren't exactly likable, for the most part. Eyebrows McGee from We're The Millers was obnoxious, and I couldn't wait to see him die. Christian was a jerk off, and Josh was a ****head college kid who couldn't listen. But they are somehow natural and relatable (honestly, I'm talking out of my ass at this point). Florence Pugh was remarkable in the starring role. Just like Collette in Hereditary, though she may be overactive a slight bit. Ari is great as a director here. He had no problem letting scenes go on for an extended bit and just make you uncomfortable. All these relationships slowly eroding and building tension between each other is what makes this movie so good. The scenes of gore and violence are perfectly sprinkled in, and they effectively create a shock. At some points, though, this movie can be so weird it becomes comical. The whole sex scene was hilarious. The end with Florence dressed in all those flowers was over the top funny. Overall this movie is excellent. A great story and some decent blood scenes really help elevate this movie. 8.9/10

Love and Monsters

Could it be that I was high while watching this movie, which is why I enjoyed it so much? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact this movie was ****ing superb. The monsters were pretty cool. The story was simple. They didn't kill the dog. So basically, everything comes up smelling like roses for this movie. Dylan O'Brien was outstanding in the lead role here. Michael Rooker and the little girl were excellent in their brief screen time. Honestly, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this movie. The only real complaint is that the bad guy could have been better. Other than that minor **** though, this is a damn fun movie. 8.7/10

Wind River

Fuucckkk, I wish I was high during this movie. Don't get me wrong, it's a great movie, but **** is it bleak and depressing. Does every movie based on an Indian Reservation need to be so depressing? Anyways once again, I was surprised how much I enjoyed this movie. Jeremy Renner was excellent here in the lead role. Elizabeth Olsen was also really good. The supporting cast did their jobs, and then the police chief was excellent. I knew that was gonna be some sort of violence in this movie once I saw that Jon Bernthal was in it. He may be typecast as the violent and angry guy, but god damn, does he play that role so well. Jon has a brief spot here, but the scene where he gets beat up and his girlfriend is raped is powerful and sad. The violent and bloody end of this film ruled. This may not be the most fun thing to watch, but its still a damn good movie. 8.7/10

for the full list head to
https://tjkellyrants.com/movies/yet-...g-party-part-4