Part 2 of the Halloween viewing party
https://tjkellyrants.com/movies/hall...g-party-part-1

Hereditary
Well this did not match the hype. All that bull**** about it being a horror classic is a lie. It had all the potential to be that classic horror movie but instead its just a classic case of just doing to much and that’s what hurts the film. Toni Collete is really good for the most part but the scene where she gets possessed or whatever the **** happens to her, is unintentionally hilarious. The look on her face will make you laugh. The old people cult thing they had going got to be to much as well. All the old people haunting the family again had more a funny factor then it did scary factor. There are moments of scary especially with Toni Collete moving across the ceiling. It has moments of everything working for it. Between the directing, the acting, the pace, and the horror. Then out of of nowhere there is a bunch of old naked people and all the good momentum goes right out the ****ing window. However the movie just fails to click. Its still decent but just not the classic that everyone hyped it to be. 7/10

Hocus Pocus
Why the hell does every white girl love this movie? This is the best case example of childhood nostalgia. Its a mediocre movie and there is no reason to full on be obsessed with it. Just because it was good as a kid doesnt mean it was actually good and that it holds up over time. Mcgee from NICS is terrible at acting,at least in this he is, as Binx. The cat CGI also doesnt hold up at all. I don’t know why they decided to shove a Sanderson sister little musical number in the middle of here is beyond me but they did and thats about 5 minutes of my life I cant get back. The rest of the cast is ok, although the actual witches are annoying. I can say this is the only time Sarah Jessica Parker has ever looked attractive. Outside of this movie she just looks like a horse. Anyways at best this movie is fine but I am sick of hearing about the Sanderson sister and their overrated asses. 6/10

Red Riding Hood
This movie is a hunk of junk Twilight ripoff. Basically there is nothing good about it. The script is abysmal, the acting for the most part is trash, and the directing is garbage. Gary Oldman (this man needs to learn to say no to a ****ty movie), is awful here and chews up every scene he is in. The other three male white actors offer nothing to the table. These guys should be waiting tables at Applebees instead of acting. Amanda Seyfried is somewhat decent in this, but the real star is Adrian Holmes, he seems to be the only one that tried throughout this whole movie. The director doesnt do much better then the actors. The scene where they are all horribly dancing around the fire was hysterically bad. I don’t know if her goal was to establish some sort of tension or some **** but she failed miserably. This may also feature the lamest and tamest werewolf attacks`in the history of film. How in ****ing tarnation are you gonna have werewolf attacks just consist of a few claw marks. I wasn’t expecting a huge gorefest or anything, but give me something better then this bland ****. Give me some sort of intestines out or something minor but just three claw marks is a ****ing cop out. Ill give credit to his movie for making it hard to tell who the wolf was. It was always pointing the finger at it being another character, you were always guessing who it was. Oh and the forced grandma what big teeth **** was awful. I mean no matter what they did it wasn’t going to fit with the rest of the movie. Yeah this movie is bad and should be avoided. 2/10

Insidious Chapter 2
The first half of the original is a fantastic horror movie but then the words Astral Plane get muttered and that movie goes off the rails real damn quick. The second one picks up right from there and never gets back on track. Just about everything is a step down from he first. James Wan didn’t seem to really care that much about this one. His camera work and tension building is usually spot on but in this movie there is no suspension or terror and his camera work doesnt stand out. The new characters don’t add much interest either. The ghost hunter guys add nothing and arent interesting at all. The new bad guy doesnt add anything either. The whole back story behind the lady in Black and her murderous son was not very interesting and to be honest I didn’t need all this useless back story. It was also stupid the way they defeated them. A old lady just beats them with a horse rocker in the dream world and then poof they are gone. Im convinced James Wan cant figure out how to kill his bad guys properly, because they way they defeat the demon in The Conjuring 2 was pretty ****ing stupid. Hell even Rose Byrne was wasted here. Patrick Wilson was the best part of this movie This is a lifeless and unnecessary sequel to a half good movie in the original. 5/10

Lights Out
This movie has so much potential but it just fails to deliver on it. This has a somewhat decent idea for a movie but the execution of it left much to be desired. The idea of a monster only be able to attack in the dark and need the lights out is a somewhat decent. Hell even the characters and stories are solid. These arent the typical dumb characters that plague horror movies. The boyfriend isnt a constant horn ball., no one is over the top type stupid and always partying, the parents arent obnoxious and leaving their kids alone to do whatever. When the dad died in the beginning I felt bad for the kid because the dad actually seemed to care about his son and was worried. All the characters seem to actually care about each other and they seem more like actual people then just people you want to die. Hell even the backstory on the thing in the dark was really good. Id say this is pretty original when it come to the horror genre which is usually the same **** recycled over the years. With all the things I liked about this movie, it really should be much better then it is. The acting and directing I guess are the reason its just a average movie. No actor really stand out as great here. The lead actress was really good when the mom killed herself though. The director did nothing special either. There was no great camera work. There was no spark to behind this movie to make it special. The Conjuring may be unoriginal but the acting and directing help elevate it to a horror classic. This is the opposite here, the acting and directing hold this movie back. Its a decent movie but it wont really wow you in any sort of manner. 6.7/10

for the full list check out
https://tjkellyrants.com/movies/hall...iewings-part-2