Your own Top 10 Best actors list

Tools    

The best actors. is hard to make a tottaly fair list, cause there are so many and some are so incredible that marked our lives, however lets try to make a list with our opinions
Let me know what you guys think:

10-Silvester Stallone
9-Jessica Alba
8-Kate Beckinsale
7-Jennifer Anniston
6-Johnny Depp
5-Harrison Ford
4-Angelina Jolie
3-Brad Pitt
2-Nicolas Cage
1-Christian Bale

Give me your own list of top 10 actors if you want give the Top 20

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Using just actual actors (or else, the list would be only with retired/dead people).

1 - Daniel Day Lewis
2 - Jack Nicholson
3 - Meryl Streep
4 - Kevin Spacey
5 - DiCaprio
6 - Brad Pitt
7 - Matt Damon
8 - Natalie Portman
9 - Christoph Waltz
10 - Sam L. Jackson

I don't think I could do a top ten of combined actors and actresses, so I'm just gonna do actors. This is in [attempted] alphabetical order.

Humphrey Bogart
Favorite Film: Casablanca
Favorite Performance: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Marlon Brando
Favorite Film: On the Waterfront
Favorite Performance: On the Waterfront

John Cazale
Favorite Film: The Godfather
Favorite Performance: Dog Day Afternoon

Robert De Niro
Favorite Film: Taxi Driver
Favorite Performance: Raging Bull

Robert Duvall
Favorite Film: Apocalypse Now
Favorite Performance: Apocalypse Now

Philip Seymour Hoffman
Favorite Film: Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Favorite Performance: Capote

Jack Lemmon
Favorite Film: The Apartment
Favorite Performance: The Apartment

Jack Nicholson
Favorite Film: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Favorite Performance: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Al Pacino
Favorite Performance: The Godfather

Max von Sydow
Favorite Film: The Seventh Seal
Favorite Performance: The Seventh Seal

The best actors. is hard to make a tottaly fair list, cause there are so many and some are so incredible that marked our lives, however lets try to make a list with our opinions
Let me know what you guys think:

10-Silvester Stallone
9-Jessica Alba
8-Kate Beckinsale
7-Jennifer Anniston
6-Johnny Depp
5-Harrison Ford
4-Angelina Jolie
3-Brad Pitt
2-Nicolas Cage
1-Christian Bale

Give me your own list of top 10 actors if you want give the Top 20
Jessica Alba? Kate Beckinsale? Seriously?

B]John Cazale[/b]
John Cazale
Favorite Performance: Dog Day Afternoon

Dog Day Afternoon is my favorite Cazale performance too.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have to respectfully say I disagree with the first thread, I don't think they've marked our lives (at least not mine)

I think Brando is the greatest... Pacino, DeNiro, Nicholson, Lancaster, Daniel Day-Lewis, Fonda, Bogart, Spacey, Kirk Douglas, Peck, Welles.. I don't think I'm a great judge for actresses, but Meryl Streep is my favorite, and this might just be I love her face and smile.

I loved Jack's performance in "Save The Tiger" as well as "The China Syndrome" and wish he wasn't typecasted early on for comedies, especially since Billy Wilder loved him so much, and I happen to love Wilder's non-comedic films.

Nice to see the respect for Cazale... Film would have benefited greatly if he was still alive. It's usual for people to overlook a supporting actor, which is why I love this board more and more every day. If only women.. (never mind)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Other than Cruise, this isn't ranked:

Tom Cruise
Nicolas Cage
Robert De Niro

And that's it. I really can't think of many other actors I'd rank as favourites. I used to love Brad Pitt, but a lot of his performances are irritating to me now, especially Interview With A Vampire and 12 Years A Slave. I could go with McConnaghey, who I really like, but haven't seen enough of yet.

Top 10 best actors - not in order

Christian Bale
Nicole Kidman
Jodie Foster
Meryl Streep
Jennifer Jason Leigh
DiNiro
Pacino
Gary Oldman
Sean Penn
Kathy Bates

I have to respectfully say I disagree with the first thread, I don't think they've marked our lives (at least not mine)

I think Brando is the greatest... Pacino, DeNiro, Nicholson, Lancaster, Daniel Day-Lewis, Fonda, Bogart, Spacey, Kirk Douglas, Peck, Welles.. I don't think I'm a great judge for actresses, but Meryl Streep is my favorite, and this might just be I love her face and smile.

I loved Jack's performance in "Save The Tiger" as well as "The China Syndrome" and wish he wasn't typecasted early on for comedies, especially since Billy Wilder loved him so much, and I happen to love Wilder's non-comedic films.

Nice to see the respect for Cazale... Film would have benefited greatly if he was still alive. It's usual for people to overlook a supporting actor, which is why I love this board more and more every day. If only women.. (never mind)
I love Lemmon too...I would have given him the Oscar for The China Syndrome over Save The Tiger...He's also my lead actor for 1960 for The Apartment and Supporting Actor of 1992 for Glengarry Glen Ross.

Yeah, he was kinda typecast in the comedies, but he also happened to be exceptionally good at comedy. Mister Roberts, Some Like It Hot, The Apartment, and The Odd Couple all feature great comedic performances by him. I've actually not seen much of his non-Wilder work, though I do like him in Missing, Glengarry Glen Ross, and 12 Angry Men.

John Cazale has a perfect filmography, as far as I'm concerned. I have no doubt that he'd've probably made a few duds had he lived longer, but as it stands, few actors exclusively have amazing films under their belts. Cazale not getting a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Dog Day Afternoon is, in my mind, one of the biggest acting snubs in Oscar history (and one example of the Globes actually getting it right).

I was going to post but I would have just been copying cinemajack

I'd say my favourite Nicholson performance is in Five Easy Pieces though, probably my favourite film of his too. I'll list some actors that have not been mentioned yet at a later date

1- Edward Norton
Best Role - American History X

2- Jack Nicholson
Best Role - The Shining

3- Leonardo DiCaprio
Best Role - Blood Diamond

4- Kevin Spacey
Best Role - American Beauty

5- Jake Gyllenhaal
Best Role - Nightcrawler

6- Christian Bale
Best Role - Fighter

7- Tom Hardy
Best Role - Locke

8- Brad Pitt
Best Role - Fight Club

9- Mark Wahlberg
Best Role - Lone Survivor

10- Malcolm McDowell
Best Role - A Clockwork Orange

I was going to post but I would have just been copying cinemajack

I'd say my favourite Nicholson performance is in Five Easy Pieces though, probably my favourite film of his too. I'll list some actors that have not been mentioned yet at a later date
Well, my list is pretty generic anyway, lol.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Not in any specific order.

- Kevin Spacey
- Jack Nicholson
- Al Pacino
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Robert De Niro
- Christian Bale
- Sean Bean
- Michael Caine
- Marlon Brando
- Johnny Depp

Top 10 best actors - not in order

Christian Bale
Nicole Kidman
Jodie Foster
Meryl Streep
Jennifer Jason Leigh
DiNiro
Pacino
Gary Oldman
Sean Penn
Kathy Bates
This is a pretty solid list...I like it.

Not in order:

Jeff Bridges
Gary Oldman
Joaquin Phoenix
Donald Sutherland
Julianne Moore
Christian Bale
Jack Nicholson
Edward Norton
Christoph Waltz
Amy Adams

Al Pacino(Scarface)
Brad Pitt(Twelwe Monkeys)
Edwart Norton(25th Hour)
Clint Eastwood(The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)
Sacha Baron Cohen(Borat)
Tim Roth(Reserviour Dogs)
Jason Statham(Crank)
Leonardo Di Caprio(The Departed)
Johhny Depp(Pirates of Carribean)
Samuel L. Jackson(Pulp Fiction)

In () my favourite performance

Here are my top 10 actors/actresses in no particular order:

1. Michael Douglas
Best role: The Game

2. Tom Cruise
Best role: Eyes Wide Shut

3. Uma Thurman
Best role: Kill Bill vol. 1

4. Clint Eastwood
Best role: Absolute Power

5. Matt Damon
Best role: Good Will Hunting

6. Al Pacino
Best role: The Godfather

7. Brad Pitt
Best role: Snatch

8. Christian Bale
Best role: American Psycho

9. Edward Norton
Best role: Primal Fear

10. Leonardo DiCaprio
The Departed

In making this list, I realised very quickly how many actors I really like...I could easily add another 10 I think, haha.