Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

At the risk of angering many of you with only my second post...

The Conjuring

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed Insidious and Saw. I think James Wan is very talented but I don't think The Conjuring comes close to creating the scares that were found in the previously mentioned films.

At the risk of angering many of you with only my second post...

The Conjuring

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed Insidious and Saw. I think James Wan is very talented but I don't think The Conjuring comes close to creating the scares that were found in the previously mentioned films.
Oh no you aren't alone there, my little brother wanted to see this movie so bad so I bought it for him, i watched it and it was a waste of 20 bucks if you ask me....

Oh no you aren't alone there, my little brother wanted to see this movie so bad so I bought it for him, i watched it and it was a waste of 20 bucks if you ask me....

It surprises me why so many (including many whose opinion in horror -genre films I highly respect) have such a high opinion of this film. It has scares that lead nowhere and two plot lines (Annabelle and the Perron family) that never even attempt to come together. When put together, it felt so clunky to me.

I was really disappointed, especially when comparing it to Insidious.

The Matrix

Frozen. I appreciate the non stereotypical princess story but I thought the movie as a whole was lame. I hate that freakin snowman. Give me Big Hero 6 when it comes to computer animated kids movies.

This isn't a movie I hate or even dislike but it's a movie that is way too overrated imo. Star Wars: A New Hope. I understand that from a technical standpoint it did some amazing things and it created a great universe but by no means is it a great movie.
Perhaps I feel that way because I saw it for the first time when I was in my early twenties (I'm now 31) and had already seen the prequels. I like Episode 3 and think the other two are about on par with A New Hope in terms of the enjoyment I get out of them.
I can understand that if you saw A New Hope when it first came out and you where a kid back then, that it would make an impression. It created a universe that it's easy for a child to dream about. I guess I was just too old when I saw it to do that myself.

I love Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi though.

Let the hating begin!

That guy with the Alien avatar.
This isn't a movie I hate or even dislike but it's a movie that is way too overrated imo. Star Wars: A New Hope. I understand that from a technical standpoint it did some amazing things and it created a great universe but by no means is it a great movie.
Perhaps I feel that way because I saw it for the first time when I was in my early twenties (I'm now 31) and had already seen the prequels. I like Episode 3 and think the other two are about on par with A New Hope in terms of the enjoyment I get out of them.
I can understand that if you saw A New Hope when it first came out and you where a kid back then, that it would make an impression. It created a universe that it's easy for a child to dream about. I guess I was just too old when I saw it to do that myself.

Let the hating begin!
See, I'm the opposite. The only Star Wars I've ever liked is A New Hope. I hate the others. No, two movies I absolutely loathe but everyone seems to stroke on is The Dark Knight and The Hunger Games.

Especially the hunger games.

Seriously, when are people going to realize all of these 'teen flicks' are the same ****ing universe where for some reason, people illogically trust teenagers with these daunting tasks when in reality . . . well . . . I think I've made my point.

Oh yeah, and The Babadook. So retarded. I actually fell asleep in the theater.

who hates godfather?
I honestly never saw what was so great about it other than the acting, also because my political views involve a hard-pressed passion to suppress the mafia, mafia-like institutions and crony capitalism. I also disagree with financial terrorism and tyranny. Promoting Godfather-like societal behaviour promotes the elite and the international banking cartels, which are screwing over every nation and every person on the face of the planet.

*Drops mic*

I'm going to get some slack here but I can not stand The Wizard of Oz...
I think you Flack what! not the Wizard of Oz

I'm going to get some flack here but I can not stand The Wizard of Oz...
Not from me. I can't stand that film. I've an idea who has also + repped you as she doens't like it either.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
Fargo. Sorry but I wasn't just entertained the way other people were. I mean, the movie itself isn't bad but it just failed on going up to my standards and such.

Let the hating begin!

There are many entire, or almost entire filmographies that I dispute with popular opinion. Some directors/films that come to mind:

Steven Spielberg
Christopher Nolan
Robert Bresson
James Cameron
Most of the works of Alfred Hitchcock
Francis Ford Coppola after Apocalypse Now
Fritz Lang except for M and Metropolis
The Tree of Life
American Hustle
Birdman
Lucio Fulci

I am the most passionate about the latter. Fulci's films are overwhelmingly unwatchable to me. I was never able to sit through the entirety of The Beyond, no matter how much horror fans adore and worship it.

This is the thread similar to the one I wanted to make There are oh so many of these. Just gonna put in a few that are widely regarded as incredible movies that I didn't find that way at all.

Lost in Translation - I remember watching it on TV and it was utterly boring, so much so that I didn't even care to finish it, which I always do, even if it's a pain to sit trough. Few years later after constantly hearing about this movie as some sort of masterpiece all over internet, I decided to watch it again. Consensus? Same. Incredibly dull. I can't even put my finger on exactly what was so bad or anything, it's just every little thing in the movie screamed "boring!!!" to me.

The Dark Knight - I feel this one was ruined by my first viewing in movie theatre, in the sense that I didn't remember a damn thing about the movie I just watched. Afterwards I've seen it plenty of times on TV and on computer, but apart from the Joker, I was disinterested in pretty much everything it had to show. I did like Batman Begins way more (maybe because I'm a sucker for origin stories), but The Dark Knight Rises was just stupid.

Goodfellas and Scarface - these are different in the sense that I had no problem watching them from start to finish because of how well these movies were made, especially Goodfellas. However, as is the pattern with mafia movies, I just can't find one single character that I like. At the very best they're really annoying, and usually I just hate them. So these are one-time movies for me: I like them enough while I watch them, but they don't hold any long-term value for me because I can't force myself to like ANY characters in the movie.

Gran Torino - really disliked this one. Eastwood does have some badass scenes as always, but overall it's just a cheap Million Dollar Baby rip-off.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't wanna make enemies, and I know some here hate it, but a movie I can't stand is "Breathless" - more like breathalyze.

L'aventurra, BlowUp (but I did like Il Grido)

La Strada is a Top 5, but I can't stand 8 1/2