The third man

Tools    

Shameful Coward
I think this film sucked but I need help with a few questions about it, anyone willing to help?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I've never even heard of it
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I don't believe that you've never heard of this film.

I've never seen it but it's on my national TV station on Sunday night so fingers crossed that I'll remember..

the THIRD MAN is a 1949 suspense thriller that is very critically acclaimed...considered the greatest suspense film ever even against Hitchcock....and i saw it BECAUSE it was so highly rated, and because i like Orson Welles.
...but i have never liked it, didn't even like Orson in it....just slow and boring to me.....really boring. BUT movies are a subjective experience and i choose not to like this one despite its acclaim! Yet i respect it, and don't mean to trash it.

Maybe that's why I haven't seen it. Old, and trashed by people who have seen it. ...

Nothing against old movies, I like them, if they can carry a story set back in the olden days, in a new century, I'm up to a good classic movie.

The Third Man is a great flick. I've seen it dozens of times and own it on LD and DVD.

What questions did you have?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I saw this listed as one of the 50 most essential DVDs to own, but when you haven't seen one, and it's not available anywhere around you to rent or buy, I tend to stay away from those kinds of movies.

maybe he(?) is maybe he isn't Holden, but now that i've reread my own post, i feel like i'm being unduly unresponsive to The Third Man, and shall once again watch it. i guess there isn't any place this thread can go, since we already have one for B&W's in general.
....Holden, i kind of wimped out on writing a new B&W thread...call it stage fright. you were gone when i needed you most??

In case anyone is wondering, "Anarking" has been deleted from the user database...he provided a fake email address. As such, you'll notice that his typical post buttons are gone, and his status is set to "Guest." Just wanted to let you all know.

Awww, that's a shame. With an insightful review like 'I think it sucked', he will be missed. Still curious what he didn't get about The Third Man.

Oh, well. Anarking, we hardly knew Ye.

There's a difference between a review and an opinion. You may write "reviews" but opinions are just fine for some of us.

Maybe you should change your subtitle to omnipotent master of arrogance, pretention, and pomposity. That would seem to be a much better characterization of your interactions here.

Holden, don't start fights. It's just not right.

So if you two ladies would like to stop baiting each other......

*Cough*c'monbrawlthread*cough*!!

I'm not your brutha and I'm not your girl but I will call you out for what you are... bitch.

Wasn't aware I was baiting anybody or starting a fight.

Ouch: "bitch". So mean. So very, very mean. I'm crushed. Not sure where the anger is coming from, but too crushed to worry about that now.

Hey, look! It's a worm, and I assure you it's not on a hook. Don't it look yummy for the tummy?