Esther Williams RIP

Tools    

I rarely comment in threads like this, but she's the only reason an entire sub-genre of film exists - the Aqua-Musical. I've only seen bits here and there, but to be responsible for a whole genre of film? That's mental.

R.I.P. Esther.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Needed to speak up sooner and say more, but I'm not sure who knows her. Here's a quick introduction.

R.I.P.

I rarely comment in threads like this, but she's the only reason an entire sub-genre of film exists - the Aqua-Musical. I've only seen bits here and there, but to be responsible for a whole genre of film? That's mental.
You know, Honeykid, I'm realizing that you have a thing for underwater beings. Your favorite movie is Jaws, you once said that you have a stuffed toy of Flounder from The Little Mermaid, and Esther Williams, star of aqua musicals, gets your attention.

Are you involved with marine biology or something? Work at an aquarium? Maybe a lifeguard?

Or were you just once attacked by Whoopi Shark and it's traumatized you?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120830053116.jpg
Views:	1376
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	10671  

This is the first I am hearing about the passing of this cinematic icon...maybe the only performer in cinematic history for which an entire genre was specifically created and entire sets at MGM were built for. I am shock and saddened by the news of her death.