Fast 5 (Fast and the Furious 5)

Tools    

Universal Brings Fast & Furious 5 in 2011 with 'Fast Five'

In a story from Variety, Universal Pictures is filling up for another Fast & Furious. The title for this one is being called Fast Five.

The studio has inked deals with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, director Justin Lin and producer Neal Moritz to come back to the franchise.

Diesel and Walker were not in the third installment in the series but came back for last year's fourth installment. The Fast & Furious was the biggest moneymaker in the franchise. It was also Universal's top grosser of 2009. It took in more than $350 million worldwide.

Chris Morgan is penning Fast Five. This will be the third time he and Lin have gotten together for a Fast & Furious film. The new story finds stars Dom (Diesel) and Brian (Walker) as fugitives that are being chased by legendary lawmen.

The film will shoot in late 2010 and is planned for a 2011 release.

Source: Movieweb

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have to say I enjoyed the forth instalement so this will be worth a watch but come on is there need for another one?

I have to say I enjoyed the forth instalement so this will be worth a watch but come on is there need for another one?
Was there any need for the second, third or fourth?

I admit, I enjoyed the 4th one...and the first...and the third to a lesser extent. Who am I kidding? I'll see this.

I hope this will be a little bit close to reality

just becuz u cant drive like that, doesnt mean its not reality...

Fast and Furious sucked. Yes, the fourth one.

Like another sequel will make the series better. What a joke!

Dwayne Johnson in talks for Fast Five

According to Deadline, Dwayne Johnson is in talks to join the fifth movie in The Fast and the Furious franchise, Fast Five. Nothing has been set in stone yet, but apparently Johnson will play a lead role alongside Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.

All we know about the film so far is that director Justin Lin will be returning, and in the film “Dom (Diesel) and Brian (Walker) are fugitives being pursued by relentless lawmen.” Johnson could be playing one of those lawmen, which would be interesting. It’s about time he landed a few more action roles, as opposed to starring in kiddie movies. None of Johnson’s upcoming movies contain any children, so it seems he’s diverting back to the action realm.

Fast Five
will begin filming later this year, and the release date has been announced as June 10th 2011.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I am a fan of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and I will more than likley watch this when it comes to dvd but I still think this series should stop now

Fast Five (2011)
A sequel to be entitled Fast Five is to star Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson, Don Omar, Tego Calderon, Daddy Yankee, Chris Morgan and Justin Lin will also return as writer and director, respectively. Reports have said it will take place after Fast and Furious and Tokyo Drift as both Walker's and Diesel's characters are still escaping from law enforcers.
On April 2009, Walker said: "I've spoken with executives at Universal at this point and they're pretty serious about it. They’re developing it. They know where they want it to take place. They want to do it in Europe." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has signed on to Fast Five to reportedly play a lawman in pursuit of the two main characters.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fas...s_(film_series)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
This movie series does have a big fan base to it, like it or not. For me, I thought 3 was enough. I enjoyed the 1st one, and I thought that the 2nd and 3rd ones were decent watches.

As unbelievably silly as this series is becoming (always was?), signing Dwayne Johnson to play a "lawman in pursuit of the two main characters" is a pretty fantastic idea, at least as far as the films' tone and target audience goes.