mr. sky fox reviews and ranks: M. Night Shyamalan directed movies

→ in
Tools    

this director is quite the flipper flopper in quality, from decent movies to ghastly movies. all in all, i found 12 movies total to review directed by mr. Shyamalan. ill release them in 3 groups of 4, with this first set being a nobrainer in the worst. heres 12-9:

12. The Last Airbender - 1.5/10

11. After Earth - 2/10

10. The Happening - 2.5/10

9. Lady in the Water - 3/10

will post more tomorrow night.

alright, now time for the middle batch. 8-5:

8. Wide Awake - 4/10

7. The Village - 4.5/10

6. Praying with Anger - 6/10

5. The Visit - 6/10

next post will be the final 4. see you tomorrow night!

this director is quite the flipper flopper in quality, from decent movies to ghastly movies. all in all, i found 12 movies total to review directed by mr. Shyamalan. ill release them in 3 groups of 4, with this first set being a nobrainer in the worst. heres 12-9:

12. The Last Airbender - 1.5/10

11. After Earth - 2/10

10. The Happening - 2.5/10

9. Lady in the Water - 3/10

will post more tomorrow night.
I haven't seen TLA or The Happening.

After Earth was so bad, I walked out of watching it with my family a few minutes after the crash landing to Earth. I don't know why this movie exists. Definitely among my least favorite science fiction films!

Lady in the Water is, in my opinion, a cool concept that was fleshed-out incorrectly. It had potential, but it failed to live up to it. I'd personally give it a slightly higher score if I still did that, but only slightly.

alright, now time for the middle batch. 8-5:

8. Wide Awake - 4/10

7. The Village - 4.5/10

6. Praying with Anger - 6/10

5. The Visit - 6/10

next post will be the final 4. see you tomorrow night!
Never seen Wide Awake, The Village, or Praying with Anger.

After AE, I was hesitant to watch The Visit because he had multiple stinkers in a row, according to everyone who gave him a shot. However, a former friend of mine rented it and we watched it. It actually gave me hope in watching his films, but not enough to see Split in theatres. Still haven't seen it, honestly.

and now, the top 4. 4-1:

4. Unbreakable - 6.5/10

3. Signs - 6.5/10

2. Split - 7/10

1. The Sixth Sense - 7.5/10

in other words, based on my standards, most of his movies are ok or not good, with only The Sixth Sense being 1 id call good.

anyway, next up: theatrically released batman movies!

and now, the top 4. 4-1:

4. Unbreakable - 6.5/10

3. Signs - 6.5/10

2. Split - 7/10

1. The Sixth Sense - 7.5/10

in other words, based on my standards, most of his movies are ok or not good, with only The Sixth Sense being 1 id call good.

anyway, next up: theatrically released batman movies!
Haven't seen Unbreakable (I really want to) or Split (I guess I should).

Signs was okay. Definitely not my go-to "aliens visit Earth to terrorize it" film. Even so, Gibson and Phoenix did a decent job with their roles, and the weakness of the aliens was laughable, which was enjoyable. I mean, if you're weak to something, don't go where there's tons of that **** around, am I right?

And I think you underrated The Sixth Sense. I loved this movie so much! Osment carried that film, no doubt about it! At least you said it was a good movie, though.

And oh my, yes! I look forward to this next list! I think I remember you debating whether you'd add Justice League or not. Can you spoil whether it will be included or not? I haven't seen it, so I'm curious.

split was really good, shame about his previous outings, i had hope for the happening, but it fell on it s head..

So, you would definitely recommend Split?
I do very good film