Derek Vinyard's Top 75 Horror movies !

→ in
Tools    

That's a good set, Derek. I've only seen Let The Right One In once and it was good, though I didn't think it was great and I'm not quite sure why it's so loved. Maybe it's the Nordic thing? Anyway, the other two are stone cold classics.

#5:

The Conjuring (2013) - James Wan

- Amazing movie by one of my favorite director of 2000's. This movie is a supernatural flick surround by many cliche of everything decent horror film have these days... but the ''Wan'' touch save everything. Awesome atmosphere , effective and entertaining movie with many creepy scenes and an awesome ending. I'm a very good fan of Patrick Wilson and in this flick he is awesome him and Vera Farmiga make a solid duo for both supernatural investigators. Brief, I fall in love with this movie. It is awesome.

Great pick! One of the best modern horror movies of all time! Such a nice chance in horror with Wan around!

Can't wait to get posting with my list. Still have about 3 rewatches though.

I don't know, The Conjuring failed to impress me. For me, it was just Insidious in an older setting, and that movie was much better IMO. James Wan is a solid horror director. I don't think he's necessarily "amazing" but his horror movies are decent enough. All of his movies feel very old-school and I like that.

I don't know, The Conjuring failed to impress me. For me, it was just Insidious in an older setting, and that movie was much better IMO. James Wan is a solid horror director. I don't think he's necessarily "amazing" but his horror movies are decent enough. All of his movies feel very old-school and I like that.
his movie are special for me though... has a fanatic of horror movies since my childhood, I seen a tons of horror of every kind James Wan's directing style is very unique. No other horror director makes movies like him (atmosphere , entertain and impressive storyline).

#4:

Joy Ride (2001) - John Dahl

- This movie is amazing. Keep me on the edge of my seat during all the viewing and I also buy it in blu-ray last month because I want to rewatch it over and over again. Completely fall in love with this low-budget horror/thriller of the 2000's. Paul Walker and Steve Zahn are excellent and the storyline is very well-made. Rusty Nail is awesome and the ending (alternate and original) are very good. For everyone who like unnerving movie this is a recommendation of my own.

''Are you here Candy Cane ?''

#3:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock

- A classic of the 60's and also one of the best movie of all-time, by far the best movie from Hitchcock. So many details and awesome atmosphere that it is addictive. Hopkins is amazing has the vilain , Camera shots are awesome , cinematography is great and the ending is completely unbelievable for a movie of the 60's.

My favourite director at number 3, with one of his best films... Can't hardly go wrong with that?

Obviously a VERY nice pick looking forward to the last two!

It's horror for the century in question... For 1960 this movie was scary and very disturbing so I consider it horror.... But yes I know that it's more a thriller...

Unregistered User
Still to see Joyride. For some reason i've never really liked the look of it but after seeing it here and all the praise it's getting i'll give it a go.