Avengers: Infinity War

Tools    

Not the best MCU film for me, but definitely the best Avengers film. Definitely in my top five for the huge franchise.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Not the best MCU film for me, but definitely the best Avengers film. Definitely in my top five for the huge franchise.
What is your favourite.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

WARNING: spoilers below
I found Peter Parker's death to be profoundly moving even knowing he'd come back (I mean Tom Holland f*cking killed it with his performance. He's doing so much in that scene in terms of portraying death for a young character and his dynamic with Tony and just generally it's a fantastic moment of acting for him). Even if he does come back, watching Peter have to experience that (and knowing even if he does come back that that experience will likely affect him in some way) was so painful. Maybe it's just me, and my intense personal connection to Peter Parker as a character since like, early childhood, but even with it's seemingly inevitable reversal, I really felt that death. To each their own though

Went to the cinema today to see Avengers: Infinity War. I was in two minds whether to, as I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the MCU, but I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would, even with the butt-numbing running time. It helps that there was plenty of Robert Downey Jnr and the Guardians characters (the latter more than I expected, actually), as they're by far the best characters/actors in the franchise. I'm not going to call it cinema's finest hour but it was the best of the Avengers films so far and one of the better entries in the MCU, and that's coming from a cynic like me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I found Peter Parker's death to be profoundly moving even knowing he'd come back (I mean Tom Holland f*cking killed it with his performance. He's doing so much in that scene in terms of portraying death for a young character and his dynamic with Tony and just generally it's a fantastic moment of acting for him). Even if he does come back, watching Peter have to experience that (and knowing even if he does come back that that experience will likely affect him in some way) was so painful. Maybe it's just me, and my intense personal connection to Peter Parker as a character since like, early childhood, but even with it's seemingly inevitable reversal, I really felt that death. To each their own though
Agree with all of this! Tom Holland is Spiderman.

I mean, it does seem like there will be an inevitable reversal of certain things that happened BUT as if they play it right these events will still have had a profound effect on the characters which is the important thing.

Peter did get the best death scene! Bucky, Groot and Black Panther have all 'died' before, and come back so they didn't need to dwell on those so much. I was still shocked by them though, especially since they started with some of the characters I thought might actually get permanently killed. It was like the MCU version of the Red Wedding.

This might just do nobody any good.
The Peter Dinklage parts are so f’n weird but in a good way. In a “the second of act of this movie takes place inside the mined out head of a celestial being” kind of good way. I don’t know anything about his character but I got some serious Jack Kirby vibes from it.

I kept giggling at his line delivery.

Oh, and big applause for Josh Brolin here. Lots of things factored in his being the standout performance of the film (after ten years of building up audience familiarity, making the villain your main character feels like it should be a no-brainer) but given the breakneck speed at which it is all movies, jumping from different locations, characters and tones, I feared something would be lost. A moment, a beat, but he raises to the occasion for every second of screen time.
I’m particularly fond of his out of body experience after wiping out half the universe, meeting with little Gamora.

Edit: oh, and that was Carrie Coon as Próxima Midnight? My first thought was “what a waste!” but then I was relieved that there’s still a chance that she could play Sue Storm one day.

Pretty please?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
VERYtrue about Brolin. He REALLY brought such gravity AND depth to such a huge character. The depth of the character was something I was not expecting and was very happy to see not only the depth, but the reasoning behind what he was doing, making him not necessarily evil, just simply evil in his actions at what he was attempting.
To use an old D&D term, his alignment was completely Neutral.
WARNING: "Don't know if" spoilers below
that was the same motive in the comics or not and even though we are seeing a lot of that plot point for movies; Far too many people to resources ratio so a lot of people need to go bye-bye, it was pretty cool to see it on a Universe perspective and it didn't make it lackluster or dull in any way.

Also,

WARNING: "While there were" spoilers below
a COLOSSAL amount of deaths and took it to the extremes when so many went to ash, there were some great moments when they occurred. Including Parker.
And like everyone, I'm pretty sure all if not most will return while seeing it. Considering Dr. Strange remarking that it was the only way out of the million or so probabilities.
Still. VERY effective and very enjoyable as I sat, mouth agape as folks went.

WARNING: "Also loved" spoilers below
some of the love interests going on.
That moment Nat and Banner met, the very touching relationship between Wanda and Vision which had a tragic beauty to it.

Marvel did a really amazing job putting SO MUCH together cohesively.
Hats off to them for it.

My personal opinion is Tony Starks words to Loki in Avengers 1 came into Play here and Tonys Fear in Age Of Ultron comes into Play where Tonys lives but his friends or comrads in arms all parish . Thanos is gonna wish he went for the head .I am more then certain the Avengers will Avenge what happens in the film. We all are waiting for Hulk to be the rage unstoppable monster from the comics. And we will Have Thor likely with a New Hammer. Cap with the right Shield. Im so hoping Tony Uses his God Iron Man suit. We know Captain Marvel who is suppose to be most powerful being on earth. I wanna see Avengers 4 and we get Round 2 with a fully assembled team all focused on one goal and thats Thanos head on a pike.

This is no spoiler but we all know the one being that convienantly is not a member of the mcu yet because there is no mutants. Magneto I believe could get that golden metal glove off the Big Purple Giants big hand. One wonders what an X-Men vs Thanos fight on screen would look like but if Mags got the glove Humans not mutants would be screwed.

10/10 superhero frenzy. Just don't understand why the yellow stone has to be so accentuated. Yellow, of all.
In what way was the yellow stone accentuated? It's important in the movie because it's
the last one Thanos gets
and because it's powering Vision and he'll probably dies without it.

This might just do nobody any good.
Thanos wrote a song for you and all the things you do.

My question is if Vision would loose the Stone could Ultron return and could the Good guys use a Villain Like Ultron who yes hates humans but aliens and Thanos would be againts his objective as well.

My question is if Vision would loose the Stone could Ultron return and could the Good guys use a Villain Like Ultron who yes hates humans but aliens and Thanos would be againts his objective as well.
The very fact that people could answer this, worries me.

Jon

I have never planned to see this film but I somewhat reconsidered due to the high rating on imdb (9.0). Most probably way overrated.

Well the rating will undoubtedly go down. It's high because it's good, but also because it's going to be mainly fans who have gone to see it on the opening weekend. People who aren't fans may watch it later and get less out of it, so they'll rate it lower.

Yea, that´s true.I predict it will end up somewhere around 8.5. Thats pretty high nonetheless.