Dark, depressing and disturbing please.....

Tools    

Unregistered User
I have recently acquired a taste for film that are pretty disturbing. Im not saying that i think these films are good films but i have to admit that i enjoy pushing the boundaries. Can anyone recommend any that i may have missed through mainstream?

Try this film:

It depends what you want really, disturbing as in graphic/gore/violence or disturbing in subject matter(like the above film).

Unregistered User
Try this film:

It depends what you want really, disturbing as in graphic/gore/violence or disturbing in subject matter(like the above film).

Cheers Nausicaa, ive been meaning to watch that film but i guess i kind of forgot about it. Will check it out asap.

Sorry, i was a bit vague there, i dont really mind what the film is about, i suppose i do prefer violence. Also, i should have added that i particulary enjoy foreign films.

try this one,
Inside

or this legend,
martyrs

and make sure you watch this.
the abc's of death

oh, and by the way. if u found this recommendation didnt satisfy your 'hunger'. just watch Lucifer's Valentine movie.

French are really good at this:

I Stand Alone

Martyrs

Man Bites Dog

Johnny Got His Gun

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Road

yes.. this.. also an excellent film.

I'll add OLD BOY and Madera. Korean movies are amazingly good, and very edgy.

The Road
you mean that movie with Viggo Mortensen?

Try the French film Ma Mere
Irreversible is also considered disturbing,and it's also French,haven't seen it yet though.

This is a must see if you're a fan of dark and disturbing films.

Excellent film with great direction, camera work, acting, and it conveys an important message.

Last House on the Left(1972)

Boys Don't Cry(1999)

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer(1986)

The Girl Next Door(2007)

The Snowtown Murders(2011)

Happiness(1998)

Bully(2001)

The River's Edge(1987)

Rampage(2009)

Antichrist(2009)

Dancer in the Dark is the most depressing film I know of off the top of my head. Make Way For Tomorrow is pretty sad as well. Cries and Whispers, Grave of the Fireflies, and Au Revoir Les Enfants are also really depressing.

Germany Year Zero is very dark, as is Naked. Picnic at Hanging Rock is more "classic" dark, Visitor Q is pretty misanthropic, as is Funny Games, and I would also add Possession (1981).

Anything by Cronenberg will probably be disturbing enough for you, like Dead Ringers or Videodrome.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
We already have a thread, What Is The Most Disturbing Film?.

I'm going to close this one.