The Kominsky Method

Tools    

Gideon & I have both talked about this show. Maybe in the television thread?

I’ve seen the entire thing & really like it. Gideon likes it too.

I have only watched season one but it is amusing.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Gideon & I have both talked about this show. Maybe in the television thread?

I’ve seen the entire thing & really like it. Gideon likes it too.
I haven't seen The Kominsky Method, you're confusing me with someone else.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I find it hard to believe that Arkin is 10 years older than Douglas.
Probably because he's always been bald and therefore already looked a little ageless. Douglas, on the other hand, had been sick for a while a few years ago and I think that aged him rapidly from that point on. Plus, he's no spring chicken to begin with!

Just binged all of season 3 of this show (only six episodes). Seems like it might be a final season. Hope not. Lots of good moments throughout the episodes.

Just binged all of season 3 of this show (only six episodes). Seems like it might be a final season. Hope not. Lots of good moments throughout the episodes.
Fairly sure it’s the final season. Have to wait until I re-subscribe to Netflix to watch it.

Fairly sure it’s the final season. Have to wait until I re-subscribe to Netflix to watch it.
It felt like the final season. Sad to admit it, but it felt like the right ending.

I had it in mind that I'd sampled this series and didn't care for it. But when I went back and re-started season 1, it was obvious that I'd begun it before, but forgot about it.

The droll humor is attractive, as are Douglas, Arkin, and Nancy Travis. I can sure relate to the running senior gags! Happy to have re-investigated the series, and will look forward to the rest.

Just finished the 3rd & final season. Michael Douglas totally made this show. Really enjoyed him & the show.

Yeah, it's a solid little series. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad it didn't go on too long either, even though it's the kind of show that could, since it's about mood and character more than plot.

I've appreciated many characters portrayed by Michael Douglas over the decades (clearly, acting chops run in that family), but the roles he's played since he's gotten a little older seem like some of his best work. I loved him in this series, and my favorite role of his has to be as Grady Tripp in Wonder Boys. That was quite a while ago now, but he played a not-as-young-as-he-used-to-be writer with a few aches and pains in a marvelous way.

Yeah, it's a solid little series. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad it didn't go on too long either, even though it's the kind of show that could, since it's about mood and character more than plot.
Agree. It was time to end it.

My only quibble would be a little too much of Reiser. I wasn’t invested in his rôle.

I've appreciated many characters portrayed by Michael Douglas over the decades (clearly, acting chops run in that family), but the roles he's played since he's gotten a little older seem like some of his best work. I loved him in this series, and my favorite role of his has to be as Grady Tripp in Wonder Boys. That was quite a while ago now, but he played a not-as-young-as-he-used-to-be writer with a few aches and pains in a marvelous way.
Never seen the Wonder Boys. I’ve liked him in rôles like Wall Street. He’s also got a fantastic voice.

Kathleen Turner looks somewhat wrecked for her age & I genuinely worried for her breathing, which was not her acting.

Agree. It was time to end it.

My only quibble would be a little too much of Reiser. I wasn’t invested in his rôle.

Never seen the Wonder Boys. I’ve liked him in rôles like Wall Street. He’s also got a fantastic voice.

Kathleen Turner looks somewhat wrecked for her age & I genuinely worried for her breathing, which was not her acting.
Agreed on all these points. Wasn't a fan of Reiser's semi-forced character. It was fun to see Turner and Douglas together again, but yes, she hasn't fared as well as Douglas over the years.

I highly recommend Wonder Boys. One of my top-ten all-time favorite movies. (Doesn't hurt that it was filmed in Pittsburgh, in areas I know well, and on the campus of my alma mater too.)

Agreed on all these points. Wasn't a fan of Reiser's semi-forced character. It was fun to see Turner and Douglas together again, but yes, she hasn't fared as well as Douglas over the years.

I highly recommend Wonder Boys. One of my top-ten all-time favorite movies. (Doesn't hurt that it was filmed in Pittsburgh, in areas I know well, and on the campus of my alma mater too.)
Will put wonder Boys in Netflix Q.