I Made a Video Essay About Dunkirk

→ in
Tools    

I made a video essay talking about Dunkirk and Nolan's work as a whole, and I thought the community here might appreciate it. I loved Dunkirk, and thought it was a really interesting film in the context of Nolan's larger oeuvre. If you like it, I make videos every week (short films, vlogs, video essays, etc.) and it would be awesome if you all would subscribe and keep up with what I'm doing. Also, I'm gonna *try* to be more active on here than I have been, life's been super busy and I have really only been on here very sparingly.

(mods, would this be acceptable for the reviews area? It is an analysis of the film, but it's in video form not text form and idk what your policy is on that. I'll suggest it I guess you guys will decide. For the score I'd give it
if so, I'll edit out this parenthetical and repost the paragraph above in a second post and just leave the rating)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is it very spoilery, Braeden? Have to go out for a bit but if not, will watch a bit later.

Is it very spoilery, Braeden? Have to go out for a bit but if not, will watch a bit later.
Nope! I did my best to be spoiler-free. There's sort of an indirect spoiler for Inception in there, but anything addressing Dunkirk specifically is spoiler-free. I do talk about the way in which the film is structured, and I quote a line of dialogue or two, but no plot points are revealed or anything like that.

Thanks very much. There's another video review of Dunkirk by Patrick Beatty which I watched earlier. Really wanting to see this movie.

Thanks very much. There's another video review of Dunkirk by Patrick Beatty which I watched earlier. Really wanting to see this movie.
It's well worth the watch imo (as you can tell from the rating I gave it), especially if you can find a 70mm projection of it, I saw it last weekend in 70mm and it was a really cool experience, very different feel from digitally projected movies, I thought. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, they're just different, and having seen so many digital films, the difference definitely added to the experience for me.

I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.