Which Movie Should I Watch: Terminator or Aliens?

Tools    

I'm currently going on a movie watching binge where I'm going to watch the best films of some of the best directors. I just finished watching Ridley Scott films (I watched Blade Runner, Thelma & Louise, Gladiator, and Alien) and now I'm going to watch James Cameron and I'm not sure whether to watch The Terminator or Aliens first. I didn't love Alien (it was ok but I'm not a big horror movie guy as it is and I didn't find it all that scary, but I appreciated the technical side of the movie, the environments and lighting among other things, which I noticed was Scott's forte, crafting worlds) and I'm not sure I want to turn around and watch the sequel, but also I think I would be able to easily compare the directing styles of Cameron and Scott based on how they approached films in the same franchise. Terminator is another Cameron movie I (unfortunately) have not seen and I want to see it soon.

So which Cameron film should I watch first? The Terminator, or Aliens?

I personally like the Alien series better than Terminator (Haven't ever been a big fan of movies about robots & cyborgs, not my kind of sci-fi) the first 2 Terminators were okay to me but i would stop at Judgement Day or it'll be ruined for you.

My personal opinion would be Aliens over Terminator like Rodent has said Aliens is pretty different from Alien

I personally like the Alien series better than Terminator (Haven't ever been a big fan of movies about robots & cyborgs, not my kind of sci-fi) the first 2 Terminators were okay to me but i would stop at Judgement Day or it'll be ruined for you.

My personal opinion would be Aliens over Terminator
Yeah I only have terminator and t2 on my list (I believe those are the only ones that Cameron directed anyway)

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm going to end up watching both eventually, I'm just on the couch on my on demand ready to pick a movie and suffer from crippling indecisiveness so I figured I'd see what the internet had to say.

both are very very very decent...

I hate James Cameron