RIP Elaine Stritch

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Wow, Elaine Stritch passed away today. She was in some really good movies and some not so good ones but she was always fun to watch.

http://variety.com/2014/legit/news/e...ad-1201264068/

No one predicted it.

She almost played Dorothy Zbornak on The Golden Girls. Bea Arthur's character.

We probably know her best in the UK for her role in the 1970's sitcom Two's Company where she played ( probably without much effort!) a sharp tongued sassy author living in London with an equally acerbic butler played by Donald Sinden.

I like this bit of an interview with her
"Stritch appeared in the TV sitcom Two's Company with Donald Sinden in the 1970s, and more recently as Alec Baldwin's horrid mother in 30 Rock. In classic Stritch style, she said of Baldwin in my interview with her: "I love Alec Baldwin. I wouldn't count on Alec Baldwin to pick up a quart of milk on the way home, you know what I mean? But I'm crazy about him." (Baldwin later told me he has this quote pinned to his wall.)"

A long life lived to the full it seems
RIP

I'm crushed here...I didn't believe this day would ever come. I thought she would live forever. One of Broadway and Hollywood's brightest lights has been silenced. Whether she was stopping Company with her iconic "The Ladies Who Lunch", stopping the 1986 Follies concert with "Broadway Baby", stealing scenes from Jane Fonda in Monster-in-Law, making Woody Allen's September worth watching, or upstaging Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock, when this woman was center stage, everyone else faded to the background. One of the funniest and most charismatic performers I was ever blessed to see. A true show business legend, there will never be anyone like her again...a true show biz original. RIP, Elaine.