RIP Eli Wallach

Tools    

Tuco was one of my favorite movie character ever, great actor.

I got to see him in person, once. Not acting on stage (I wish), but at the AFI theater in D.C. after a screening of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I want to guess this was maybe 2000 or 1999? He talked for forty-five minutes afterward, not just about the Leone picture, but his entire showbiz career and his military service. He was a natural storyteller, and a heck of a guy. His autobiography, The Good, The Bad, and Me: In My Anecdotage is a terrific read for anybody who likes Eli, or just the movie business in general.

This is from 2010, when Eli won his lifetime achievement Oscar...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	eli.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	15957   Click image for larger version

Name:	RIP.png
Views:	1076
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	15959  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Was sad to hear of his passing, but it looks like he lived a full life to the age of 98!

RIP Eli!

He played the best character in one of the best movies ever made, and as Holden says his autobiography (The Good, The Bad, and Me) is a really enjoyable read. Great actor, and by all accounts a great guy. RIP.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I didn't think he was still alive. RIP.
You need to watch TCM more. He was on there in his 90s in the 2010s often
His wife of 66 years, Anne Jackson, is still with us. Most people here know her as the doctor in The Shining.

RIP Tuco in The Good , The Bad and The Ugly

Go Agead, Make My Day
he had incridible roles in (The Good The Bad and The Ugly) and the (Magnificent Seven)

I really loved his performance in The Good,Bad,Ugly, he and Clint had that chemistry on screen. That mastepiece would never be the same without him.

R.I.P Eli