Thomas Jane's The Punisher sequel (short film)

Tools    

Ha ha, yes my son! My boy Thomas Jane back in business as The Punisher. Unfortunately it's a short film, but it's still very good and the sequel I would have wanted.

Apparently it was showed at the comic con. Check it our while you guys can as he uses Han's Zimmer's Dark Knight score throughout so it might get taken down.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34607

&feature=player_embedded

Good for Thomas Jane! I can respect an actor in todays age that tries to make his own breaks That short was better than the Travolta movie imo. They used the animated blood wisely by cutting away real quick after initial impact.

Few years ago Thomas Jane had a pic taken of his with the Jonah Hex makeup, that was even before the Brolin movie came out. He loves doing these kind of things.

He wasn't bad as Castle, but that movie wasn't all that good. This short is much better.
I don't think I hated any of the 3 actors take on the character, Lundgren by far being my fave.
They should do this as TV Show, on showtime perhaps.. I see it having more potential as a TV show than a movie.

Strangely, Jane has the look that could help him pull of most of the comic book characters. & he even puts in a decent effort in acting such roles than Nicolas Cage.

Few years ago Thomas Jane had a pic taken of his with the Jonah Hex makeup, that was even before the Brolin movie came out. He loves doing these kind of things.

He wasn't bad as Castle, but that movie wasn't all that good. This short is much better.
I don't think I hated any of the 3 actors take on the character, Lundgren by far being my fave.
They should do this as TV Show, on showtime perhaps.. I see it having more potential as a TV show than a movie.

Strangely, Jane has the look that could help him pull of most of the comic book characters. & he even puts in a decent effort in acting such roles than Nicolas Cage.

Definitely agree that Jane has that iconic look thing going on. He would have made a great Harvey Dent/Two Face, aswell.

Lundgren was ALRIGHT, but come on he was probably the least sympathetic out for the three actors to play Castle. Stevenson was weak, but at least there was an attempt to give him SOME humanity.

I felt Jane's interpretation of the character showed more layers than the other two combined, and just the right amount of moodiness. I agree that the film itself isn't great, but Jane and that fight scene single handedly saved it. War Zone could have been decent had Jane reprised the role.

That wasn't much of Lundgren's fault, I am guessing the makers thought that Lundgren might not be able to handle emotional scenes. Hence the movie ends up as a B-grade revenge action film, also lacking the offscale violence that A Punisher movie might demand.

If Lundgren had been taken seriously, he might have had a good mainstream career. Inspite of all that he has proven himself in movies like Joshua Tree, Universal Soldier, Blackjack.

After watching Lockdown, I am sure Guy Pearce could pull off a great Punisher, he even has tragedy written all over his face. But lets reserve him for a re-adaptation of Hellbazer.