360 or PS3

Tools    

Ok this is it because I am staying in moody London for Christmas because of my stupid course works and I am feeling depressed mainly because of the weather and Santa wont bring me a console so I decided to treat myself with one but here stands the question which of the two I posted a thread before about X-box but now I am divided by the two I know many of you play mainly console games and own both or one of them so probably everybody will defend theirs I've done a research on both platforms and in a way PS3 stands infront of 360 mainly for the blu ray the integrated wi-fi free online multiplayer and a hard disk even though small(what do you fill yours with ?!)or big depends what you need(I want a small one just for games and movies)however stands the problem-i have a regular tv no HD LCD flatscreen which is crucial for the PS3(not that the TV is any bad).And there are certain games for PS3 that 360 doesnt have like Uncharted Killzone and God of War and something else probably.

360 on the other side pros and cons well I see more cons than pros.you can make it work like a PS3 if you buy all of the accesories its only wi fi ready for 60 quid you get the wi fi adaptor another 60 for a Hard disk then you need X-box live and microsoft points which makes it approximately the price of the PS3.Its true that the online gaming for 360 is way better and you have Halo 3 and Mass effect and gears of war.wierd not much to say about the 360 feel free to add more and enlighten me

I am cosidering the PS3 what do you think

especially that one D:

PS3 - Really nothing for online play, you need friends who also have PS3 to get a LBP game going, although lots of awesome exclusives : Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, LBP, MGS4, God of War 3, Modnation Racers ...

Your choice if you're not going online or only going online casually.

360 - The most unreliably built systems I've ever owned, 8 of them have broken down on me (they're repair center, doesn't actually repair em keep in mind). Still, it's got the best online experience - almost every multiplatform game is better on the 360.

Your choice if you want to play online.

I couldn't tell you which was better, B-Day, but I will say that in the 15 months that I had one, I had two occurences of RROD and, after that, the 'new' unit they sent me had, what I suspect was an overheating problem, and broke within about 3 months of receiving it. They said they I'd have to pay for the repair, as the warranty had run out (even though it's a new unit, the warranty carries over) and that it'd cost 80 of your English pounds to repair it. As that's a large chunk towards a brand new one (one that'd come with a years warranty, no less) so I said "no thank you" and haven't bothered with it since.

The new boards in the 360's now are meant to be much better (too ****ing late though Microsoft ****s!!) and I have heard that even the PS3's have some major faults with them (blue rings of death).
so unless you also want a Blu-Ray player....

Go with the XBox 360.

Much better online everything (despite the crappy prices), great nerw front end and services and generally better games.

PS3 - Really nothing for online play, you need friends who also have PS3 to get a LBP game going
hold on don't they have servers like in X-box live ?

O and what do you get from X-box live except online gaming?

The People's Republic of Clogher
One area where the PS3 has sprung ahead recently has been in the quality of their downloaded games - There are some great titles on PSN.

I've had a PS3 since launch and it's never missed a beat but caved in last year in a moment of daftness and got a 360 as well. I use the PS3 quite a bit more but it comes into its own as a media player which plays games (and some damned good exclusives).

I don't see a whole lot wrong with the PS3's online capabilities. Things definitely aren't as slick as XBL but, hey, it's free.

what do you get from X-box live except online gaming?

Xbox Live has recently updated it's dashboard:
  • Facebook – Update your status to share what movie, game or entertainment you’re enjoying, connect with friends and view their Facebook stream, status updates and photos on the big screen – all seamlessly integrated and custom-built for Xbox 360. You can even compare your Xbox LIVE and Facebook friends lists to see which of your friends are on LIVE.
  • Zune – Zune video on Xbox LIVE offers a full fidelity experience with instant on HD in 1080p and 5.1 channel surround sound. No waiting for downloads or buffering, it’s there at the press of a button. You can also share the experience with up to seven friends through voice chat and Avatar integration on the TV screen – it puts a whole new spin on “movie night.”
  • Twitter – Stay in the know by discovering, posting and replying to Tweets right on your Xbox 360. You can even view friend profiles, trends and conversations, or search to see who’s tweeting about your favorite game.
  • Last.fm – Discover more music and explore endless personalized radio stations with Last.fm on Xbox 360. Skip, “ban” or “love” tracks to create your perfect mix—we’ve even built in “Gamer Stations” with game-related types of music selected specifically for the gaming community(Available in the U.S. and UK)

Plus 1vs100 an exclusive to X-Box 360 where players can play to win prizes such as microsoft points, X-Box 360 games, DVDs and more. I won over 5,000 microsoft points

I dont know guys I've been reading a lot of reviews and things dont sound good for the 360 a lot of failures here and there not sure about it X-box live sounds cool but I dont wanna risk with it ou and one more thing if you dont wanna buy the wi fi emiter is there a plug for a cabel couse I have a direct lan cable from our wireles rooter,but there is still time I dont get a paycheck till next wednesday so I am not sure what I'll get

meat said he broke 8 and few user comments in sites that sell the console
LMFAO Meat probably did something to his X-Box 360 himself because I never heard of a person owning 8 consoles and each one breaking. Let alone owning 8. That's like ridiculous.

And the X-Box 360 can last for years. You have to actually "take care" of it. My brother in law has his since the system came out in 2005.

You ready? You look ready.
jrs...you're brother in law probably never used his 360 because I've never heard of a person owning a console without it breaking. That's just ridiculous.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yeah, no one said that every one of them breaks, jrs. But I have to say that I've never heard about any console (or computer) have as many repairs or replacements as the 360.

Yeah, no one said that every one of them breaks, jrs. But I have to say that I've never heard about any console (or computer) have as many repairs or replacements as the 360.
Yea, the 360 has a 33% failure rate. Now *THAT* is ridiculous.

jrs...you're brother in law probably never used his 360 because I've never heard of a person owning a console without it breaking. That's just ridiculous.
Uhhh yeah John he just let it sit there in his house, and bought games these past 4 years for the hell of it. If you take care of your console nothing will happen to it.

Uhhh yeah John he just let it sit there in his house, and bought games these past 4 years for the hell of it. If you take care of your console nothing will happen to it.
Yea, no manufacturer has ever had a design flaw...I mean, recalls are just for people who don't take care of their stuff...

Yea, no manufacturer has ever had a design flaw...I mean, recalls are just for people who don't take care of their stuff...
Is that a fact John? Or are you trying to get a point across? i didnt say NO manufacturer have flaws. And what recalls are you talking about?