Iron Man 2

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
If you wanna edit your post Chico for better input for the site, you might wanna check first.
I wrote for better input because I was accused of spamming. I did't read the above post before I wrote it. I do better next time.

Actually this is a great continuation of the 1st movie.
In this movie, we can see more action than the previous one.

International Iron Man 2 poster Poster

Earlier this week we got our first poster for Iron Man 2 which featured Iron Man himself along with War Machine. Now Empire has been sent a new UK poster which reminds us that Robert Downey Jr. is the man behind the metal.

Iron Man 2 will be released on May 7th in the US, and April 30th in the UK.

Source: Filmonic

Iron Man 2 will be released on May 7th in the US, and April 30th in the UK.
so you are telling me that we are gonna see it first? Hahaha this is rich

One man for the job but the right man
I been waitin for this movie to come out... I really hope its better than the first.. because sequels have been known to disappoint me -_-

War machine can't wait!

The trailer is expected to be released on December 25th, 2009 and play in front of Sherlock Holmes. Jon Favreau, the director of Iron Man 2, said it himself on Twitter. But there is leaked footage of Iron Man 2 right here, but the quality is not very good.

The trailer is expected to be released on December 25th, 2009 and play in front of Sherlock Holmes. Jon Favreau, the director of Iron Man 2, said it himself on Twitter. But there is leaked footage of Iron Man 2 right here, but the quality is not very good.
We know that already, and the leaked footage was released months ago.

The Iron Man 2 Viral Campaign Begins

Two summers ago The Dark Knight defined just how much an online viral campaign could get moviegoers involved even before they had seen a minute of the film. Now Iron Man 2 is apparently trying to follow directly in those footsteps. Tonight Superhero Hype debuted a "clue" for the film, a washed-out, blue-tinted image of a magazine article about Tony Stark, with a pensive-looking Stark sitting behind it.

Given the Whiplash poster that debuted earlier today, featuring a background papered with magazine articles that look very similar to this one, there's got to be a connection there somewhere. But what's the connection, what on earth is this game, and what's up with the arrow in the middle? Not a clue. Check out a smaller version of Superhero Hype's image below and let the game begin!

Source: Cinema Blend

Iron Man 2 Trailer Next Week?

The long-awaited official release of the trailer for Iron Man 2 may be soon upon us.

A trailer was shown at San Diego Comic-Con in July (for the lucky bunch of us in attendance) but nothing’s been released on the video front since – at least, not officially. There was a crappy leak of the Comic-Con footage.

However, a few weeks back, director Jon Favreau re-tweeted someone’s question to him on Twitter about when we’d finally see a trailer. His response seemed to hint that we’d see one this Christmas, possibly attached to Sherlock Holmes, an obvious choice considering both movies star Robert Downey Jr. But what if it came with Avatar next Friday?

Favreau’s tweet<&callback=load_tweet">/a> from November 19th read as follows:

“RT @Ann_Howard: @Jon_Favreau PLEASE tell us the trailer is coming soon – w/Sherlock Holmes, perhaps??”
That was it. Some said it was confirmation, but I think its more of a hint. I do think its necessary to have Iron Man 2 advertised alongside Holmes but I don’t think that’s the first time we’ll necessarily see the trailer.

While not exactly a confirmed source, a user on the
IMDB forums (found by CBM) claims to be a projectionist in a New Zealand theater where they received a notice from Paramount about them getting the first trailers for Iron Man 2 and Shrek Forever After next week, to be played alongside Avatar next Friday.

“Hey, i work as a projectionist for a theater complex, Berkley Cinemas, in Auckland, New Zealand and we just got an email from Paramount today to say that they will be sending out the first trailers for Iron Man 2 and Shrek Forever After next week to be played before Avatar beginning Dec. 17. just thought i’d pass along the good news.

Cheers.”
An interesting way to find out, but I can buy it. Why not feature Iron Man 2 to crowds of both of the holidays’ major film releases? Once this trailer hits, we’re in for the long run of Iron Man promotion until the movie kicks off the summer of 2010 next May.

Iron Man 2 opens May 7, 2010 and Shrek Forever After opens two weeks later on May 21, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I'm Curious, How main in Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) in this? From what I've seen he'll be near to main throughout but then again, I haven't heard much from what he will be doing throughout this film. I'm hoping for some typical bad-ass Samuel. Can any one shed some light?

Exclusive: Another Iron Man 2 Viral Puzzle Piece Surfaces

Paramount is in the early stages of a viral campaign for Iron Man 2 that right now looks reminiscent of some of what was done (quite successfully) for The Dark Knight. Last week they released a newspaper clipping which (if real) would have been written right at the end of the first Iron Man movie. It looked like the edges were burnt and torn and it was an article about the revelation that Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man.

Today we bring you the second newspaper clip released, which you can see below:

I’ve typed up the text of the article, but it’s nothing ground breaking, it just basically talks about the news conference that Tony Stark held when he returned from his captivity in Afghanistan:

In a move which caused shockwaves in markets around the world, Tony Stark declared that Stark Industries will be getting out of the weapons business. The announcement came hours after the CEO was rescued from terrorists who had been holding him hostage in an undisclosed location in the Middle East.

Sources within Stark Industries have said that the proposed changes in the company’s business structure would likely devastate the weapons giant. Stark is the country’s largest defense contractor and supplies materials, services and technology to some 30 other nations.

Markets from Tokyo to London reeled from the news on Tuesday, with investors stampeding to dump Stark shares. Indexes fell 4% on average.

Stark Industries was founded during World War II by industrialist Howard Stark. When President Roosevelet declared that the United States would build fifty thousand planes to fight the armies of Hirohito and Hitler, Stark rose to the challenge and set about building an astounding one hundred —
I’ve gone over the entire thing and can’t find anything resembling a hidden clue. Like the first one it has torn/burnt edges and looks to be against a rough stone background. These look like the clippings collected by Whiplash in his poster. I know that at some point there will be some website associated with this which will be discovered or revealed in the coming weeks.

Iron Man 2 opens on May 7, 2010.

Iron Man 2 Viral Headline #3

A new piece to the Iron Man 2 viral marketing puzzle has appeared, and today it’s the folks over at CHUD who are holding it. If you haven’t been keeping up, you can get a look at the first two pieces to the puzzle by going HERE and HERE.

Iron Man 2 fans have really been digging into these faux newspaper clippings of their favorite hero, dissecting every word and picture in an attempt to discern what surprises Iron Man 2 may yet have in store.

So far, director Jon Favreau and the Iron Man 2 cast have done top-notch work keeping things under wraps – Lets just hope that there is some sort of legitimate surprise waiting at the end of this little viral game, and not just a ’setup for the mood of the film’ as some of our readers have suggested.

One clue to help you out: keep note of the highlighted portions on each headline that’s released.

Here is piece #3 of the puzzle:

Also remember: a lot of these headline clips are reminiscent of those we saw pasted up on the wall in the official Whiplash poster that was released last week. This is all building toward something – but what?

Iron Man 2 blasts into theaters on May 7, 2010.

New Iron Man 2 Footage to Premiere This Week

Entertainment Tonight is going to air yet another exclusive look at Iron Man 2 this week. If you didn’t see the previous videos from ET’s set visit, go HERE and HERE to check those out.

As per usual, Entertainment Tonight has aired a promo ad for their exclusive footage premiere, and we have taken the liberty of snagging that video for you (courtesy of Superhero Hype).

While a preview of a preview might seem like a strange concept to some, I know a lot of you Iron Man 2 fans are going to be drooling in excitement over this promo ad, let alone the actual premiere of ET’s footage, which incidentally airs on Wednesday of this week.

Enough talk, here’s the promo ad. See how many Iron Man 2 gems you can spot in it:

&feature=player_embedded

HOME MOVIE TRAILERS MOVIE REVIEWS MOVIE NEWS TV NEWS VIDEO GAMES ABOUT CONTACT US December 15, 2009 | by Kofi Outlaw
New Iron Man 2 Footage to Premiere This Week

Entertainment Tonight is going to air yet another exclusive look at Iron Man 2 this week. If you didn’t see the previous videos from ET’s set visit, go HERE and HERE to check those out.

As per usual, Entertainment Tonight has aired a promo ad for their exclusive footage premiere, and we have taken the liberty of snagging that video for you (courtesy of Superhero Hype).

While a preview of a preview might seem like a strange concept to some, I know a lot of you Iron Man 2 fans are going to be drooling in excitement over this promo ad, let alone the actual premiere of ET’s footage, which incidentally airs on Wednesday of this week.

Enough talk, here’s the promo ad. See how many Iron Man 2 gems you can spot in it:

&feature=player_embedded

If you’ve been following Iron Man 2 closely, you will have already noticed that the video shows what looks to be the “concert scene” that were caught back when we nabbed some outdoor set photos of a huge green screen stage set, which was used to shoot the “concert” sequence we are now seeing for the very first time!

It’s not like I should have to tell you, but if you want the full look at the Iron Man 2 footage, you’ll have to tune in to Entertainment Tonight. Go HERE to check your local listings for the show.

Iron Man 2: War Machine Clip, Black Widow Update & New Photos

Iron Man 2 has been popping up all over the blogosphere radar this month, with a new viral campaign, new posters and talk of a trailer possibly premiering in the next week or so.

Today I have an Iron Man 2 roundup for you fans out there. We have a few new photos; actress Scarlett Johansson talking about reprising her role as Black Widow for The Avengers; and in case you missed it it over in our other post, a new promo ad featuring the first ever clip of War Machine in all his gun-blazing glory!

MEET WAR MACHINE

In an article we posted yesterday, we let you know to be on the lookout for Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive Iron Man feature, which will showcase never-before-seen (by the public) footage from the film. ET has been floating some promo ads for their feature, and this latest one features a clip of none other than War Machine, back-to-back with Iron man (in the Mark VI armor), taking on a whole squad of tech-enhanced bad guys!

You need to check this out RIGHT NOW if you haven’t seen it!

&feature=player_embedded

Set your DVRs and if you want to know when and where to catch Entertainment Tonight’s feature, it premieres tonight, Wednesday, December 16, 2009. Go HERE to check your local listings for the time and channel.

NEW IMAGES

We have a couple new Iron Man 2 images to share. They’re not all that exciting – but hey, they’re better than nothing, right?

For more new images, go HERE.

SCARLETT WIDOW

Scarlett Johansson talked to The Daily Record about her role as Black Widow in Iron Man 2 and what the likelihood is of us seeing her character appear in the forthcoming Avengers movie:

“I hope it will happen. I don’t know if that’s where it’s going go but she’s definitely a big part of the Avengers,” she said. “I think that Marvel is very much invested in these characters just as much as the fans are, just as much as I am. You want the fans to like the character, you want them to believe in the character, root for them, and want to see them again.”

“So I’m hoping that if the fans support the character, that we’ll see her again,”

If you want to hear Scarlett talk more about what it’s like playing the Widow and the experience of shooting the most anticipated sequel in comic book movie history, go HERE.

Iron Man 2 Trailer Has Arrived!

So the viral Iron Man 2 puzzle wasn’t as complicated as some of us thought… Latino Review got the final clue and it turns out that it was all about the one word highlighted in each newspaper clipping, and combined they make up the domain name of a website:

At the time the website was revealed, it was on a 60 minute countdown to the launch of the first Iron Man 2 trailer that we’ve all been waiting for, and now it’s finally arrived at Apple.com (which is where the site above now points)!

You can geek out over the trailer right now HERE.

Iron Man 2 opens on May 7, 2010

Iron Man 2 Secrets Revealed

So the Iron Man 2 trailer has finally debuted and rocked our world with its awesomeness. Now that the initial euphoria has worn off, here are some details you may have missed while watching the trailer. Many of these would not be noticed by the average person, but being the long time, consummate Iron Man fan that I am, I geek out on these little details and enjoy the heck out of finding them.

Although everything shown below appears in the trailer, you MAY consider some of my “revelations” spoilers – you have been warned.

Hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of these little trailer “secrets” as well.

You may not be able to tell the subtle differences, but the armor in the image above, while similar to the Mark III (red and gold) armor from the previous film, there ARE differences. Most notably in the area just to the inside of the shoulders (trapezius area) and the abdominal and oblique sections, as well as in the forearm and hand armor. Note that the chest beam is still circular.

First off, the uber-industrial and heavy duty look of the War Machine armor. Now, note the chest piece on Tony’s armor: Triangular. So Tony dons two different suits of armor in the film, which they’ll dub the Mark V armor.

Here’s a full look at what I’m calling the Mark V Iron Man armor. Triangular chest beam and different leg armor design that seems to go higher up the leg and into the hip area.

Right here we have a full shot of War Machine in a bad-ass pose, doing what he does best. VERY cool seeing him in action. Also note that while in the film Rhodey (Stark’s long time friend) starts out in a conflict with Tony over Tony’s refusal to share theIron Man tech with the government, that in the end it seems they team up to fight on the same side. What they will fight follows…

It looks like James Rhodes’ desire to adapt the Iron Man tech for military use was successful as shown in the scene above. This is a scene from the end of the trailer where Iron Man and War Machine are fighting side by side. What’s gone wrong and WHY Rhodes joins Stark is something we’ll have to wait for the movie to find out.

Iron Man 2 opens on May 7, 2010.