RIP Eddie Van Halen

Tools    

Not a massive Van Halen fan but they certainly had their moments.

Requiescat in pace Eddie!

A system of cells interlinked
Damn. 2020 strikes again. One of the most creative, innovative people to play the instrument.

RIP to a legend!

This is so wierd...I was watching a rerun of Two and a Half Men last night which featured a cameo appearance by Eddie at the end. Awesome musician...what a shame. RIP

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
First concert was Van Halen at The Lane County Fairgrounds in Eugene, Oregon, March 22,1980. I was sixteen.

They could have done a walk-through, It's Eugene, in a lousy building. But that's not what happened. They put on a terrific show. I got chills when Eddie did his solo.

Please check out Twitter, peeps.
I've thrown out a rough and ready video for a callout to all rock & roll bands to have a concert for Eddie.
Please watch and share the vid.

I'm gutted by this news, and really appreciate the help if we could get something trending in his name.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Such a talented musician. One of the best guitar players to ever play. Kills it on MJ's Beat It.

Suspect's Reviews

I knew he had throat cancer but for some reason I thought he'd beaten it. So this does come as a shock to hear. He was truly one of the greatest guitarists ever. Two of my favorite songs by Van Halen with great work by Eddie are the following. The first has a great "tapping"/lead intro that I love but the whole song is great. The second has some of my favorite work by him throughout, especially the crunchy lead that starts the song and is heard throughout. Both are from the same album, Mean Street. Godspeed, Eddie!

“I was cured, all right!”

So baby dry your eyes
Save all the tears you've cried
Oh, that's what dreams are made of
'Cause we belong in a world that must be strong
Oh, that's what dreams are made of

One of my favorites songs.

I never realized that Van Halen was actually Dutch. His family came here when he was 7.

Biggest influence, apparently, was Clapton.

R.I.P. ✝️🙏

“Eddie Van Halen, whose razzle-dazzle guitar-playing — combining complex harmonics, innovative fingerings and ingenious devices he patented for his instrument — made him the most influential guitarist of his generation and his band, Van Halen, one of the most popular rock acts of all time, died on Tuesday.”

Generous of The NY Times reporter to say so today (in bold), but rather hyperbolic IMO.