Embarrassing Movies

Tools    

Are there any movies you own on DVD that you are embarrassed to have on display, maybe hiding it when family/friends visit? I don't have a specific title but the few comedies I have are tucked away out of sight. I can't really explain why. I just prefer to have my Noir films, Hammer horror and Westerns on full display.
Keep your responses clean please!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. What was I thinking buying that movie. I should have sold it but was just lazy to.

Some Jennifer love Hewitt movies, but I have my 2001 space odyssey 4K steelbook facing forwards in front of them so no one knows (unless they pick it up).

Oh yeah, old biblical epics like The Ten Commandments or Ben Hur. I'm not religious so I might tarnish my reputation if people see that I like to see Charlton Heston win a chariot race or part the Red Sea. Fortunately, my movies are mainly in the basement/dungeon, so visitors rarely go there. I keep the Wizard of Oz down there too.

Victim of The Night
I bought Ted and The Heat and Mama and a few others that I will never watch again as long as I live because I was ****-faced and felt like watching them. Might be one or two more I'll see when I get home.

Oh yeah, old biblical epics like The Ten Commandments or Ben Hur. I'm not religious so I might tarnish my reputation if people see that I like to see Charlton Heston win a chariot race or part the Red Sea. Fortunately, my movies are mainly in the basement/dungeon, so visitors rarely go there. I keep the Wizard of Oz down there too.
I wouldn't assume you were religious to have these classic movies in a movie collection... unless of course, the only movies you had were religious movies.

I'll go next since I'm quite willing to admit that, sometimes there's just no substitute for pulpy junk. Somehow, I got not just one, but two copies of Twister on my shelf, the ultimate weather movie. As a kid, I had several much much too close brushes with tornadoes out in the midwest, so they've been in my cabinet of nightmares ever since. Twister changed all of that....driving pickups like lunatics, going into a tornado rather than running and screaming away from it and being all macho about it. What could be better?

What could be better is doing it in a movie instead of up close and personal. That's why Twister is a secret pleasure more than a great movie. I'm sitting in my basement with a beer instead of watching the building next door get run through a blender. And, it has flying cows, just like the Wizard of Oz twister.

I wouldn't assume you were religious to have these classic movies in a movie collection... unless of course, the only movies you had were religious movies.
I mainly like Romans and Egyptian temples and casts of thousands, pre-digital.

Who doesn't?

What would be telling would be if you had an entire Kirk Cameron section!
It would be time to check my medication.

Victim of The Night
I must admit I don't have any movies I'm ashamed I like. If I like 'em, I like 'em, I certainly feel like I can defend it and if someone else doesn't get it, that's their loss.
But I do OWN some movies that I don't really like and would need to explain their presence to a movie-lover who came across them in my library.

Date Movie and Epic Movie. How these were ever commissioned I'll never know!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Are there any movies you own on DVD that you are embarrassed to have on display, maybe hiding it when family/friends visit?
I have a lot of DVDs of movies that I haven't seen yet, but nothing that I'm embarrassed to own.

I insist on my wife and daughter having a separate shelf to my collection. I can’t face Bridget Jones or the Twilight series next to my classics.
Hubby has his own DVD bookcase, but he doesn't have anything that I wouldn't put on my own shelves. Just some movies that he likes more than I do, and some more movies that I haven't seen yet.