WANTED: 1950s-60s B movie Sci-Fi recommendations

Tools    

That makes it sound promising. I've heard people say they like the original The Thing From Another World, so I'll have to see. BTW it always reminded me of an old Outer Limits episode with Sally Kellerman...The Human Factor

Planet of the Vampires - Campy and fun SF elevated by Mario Bava's visual flair.
Planet of the Vampires (1965)
It's definitely a B movie, but it's got some interesting visuals: the overall color scheme, the costumes, the sets, beautiful women! Pure 60's sci-fi goodness.
Thanks guys for the recommendation. I watched Planet of the Vampires but sorry to say I was bored by it, and shut it off after 30 minutes...I watched up to the scene where the dead wake up and start walking around. I didn't find it campy or fun like a Roger Corman B movie. There was no real hook or intriguing premise in the beginning to catch my attention, making me want to see more. It was all so plodding...They're going through space with a ton of techno babble speak, but I didn't really connect to anything that was going on. When they all started falling over the control console it wasn't clear that it was an extreme gravity thing...until it was over. It was like they forgot to set up the scenes. Maybe that's because it was dubbed in English? I didn't like it, but Thanks! for the recommendations.

The Blob (1958)- somehow I remember that one as being more funny than scary. I think it led to 'blob' jokes at the local diner.
I watched The Blob last night, it was fun. The best part was seeing authentic small town America in full color, sort of like having a time machine back to 1958. So many movies are made purely in the studio that it was neat that they filmed this in a real town, Phoenixville, PA. Thanks for the recommendation.

I bet the un-dubbed version of Planet of the Vampires is like Shakespeare!
(...in the original Klingon.)
That's funny as just the other day I was watching some DVD extras that had a Shakespeare play being done in Klingon. I think the play was The Tempest. It must have been on one of the ST movie DVD. It was kind of fun to watch but I couldn't understand a damn word Have you ever seen that? It's probably on YouTube.

At least now you know where the early X-Men movies got their black-leather costumes from!
I remember you liked the costumes, I did too, much nicer than the usual pale blue overalls or silver foil that movie astronauts often wore in these old films. The exterior of the ship was way cool! Though the interior was huge and gave me the feeling of a studio instead of a ship. I think that's common as the ship in The Angry Red Planet (1959) felt like a studio set too. But a cool movie none the less, have you seen it?

One of the more impressive rocket ship interior sets was in another B sci fi I seen recently It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958) Also a really fun flick.

That's funny as just the other day I was watching some DVD extras that had a Shakespeare play being done in Klingon. I think the play was The Tempest. It must have been on one of the ST movie DVD. It was kind of fun to watch but I couldn't understand a damn word Have you ever seen that? It's probably on YouTube.

I remember you liked the costumes, I did too, much nicer than the usual pale blue overalls or silver foil that movie astronauts often wore in these old films. The exterior of the ship was way cool! Though the interior was huge and gave me the feeling of a studio instead of a ship. I think that's common as the ship in The Angry Red Planet (1959) felt like a studio set too. But a cool movie none the less, have you seen it?

One of the more impressive rocket ship interior sets was in another B sci fi I seen recently It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958) Also a really fun flick.

What's funny is, before I ever saw the movie, I saw photos in a Starlog magazine and thought that the people in the black outfits must be the vampires - because nothing says vampire more than a really high black collar! I guess we can thank Bela for that!

P.S. I saw Angry Red Planet so long ago - all I remember is not liking the exterior shots where everything looked kind of like a photo negative (if I'm remembering it correctly).
I think there was some kind of giant bat-like creature - which I also remember from the photo in my Starlog (alien movie edition) magazine!

I still have this magazine currently buried somewhere in my storage. (It was in pretty rough condition last time I saw it after years of handling!)