RIP Tobe Hooper

Tools    

Another horror icon is gone...

He just die at 74 years old.

RIP legend

Love Texais Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist

F** sake.

This is getting unreal now.
What are you talking about? He was 74 years old. If it was a bunch of 25 year olds dropping dead all the time, then I'd be concerned.

What are you talking about? He was 74 years old. If it was a bunch of 25 year olds dropping dead all the time, then I'd be concerned.

I'm more on about all the classics and legends are now disappearing.
There's no individuality left any more.

Where are the influential TV stars, actors and directors of today?
Sure there's a few decent ones going around these days, but nothing like the old days... nothing original and nobody who is changing the playing field.
The closest we got these days is Eli Roth and Rob Zombie... but controversial isn't exactly the same as influential.

The talent is dying off... leaving us with.............. what?

Trey Edward Shults is someone to look out for. Not sure if he's going to exclusively direct horrors or not and it's debatable whether Krisha is one or not, i think it is though and it's great. Still have to see It Comes At Night. Mike Flanagan is interesting too. And Ti West.

I don't personally care that much about originality in horror films as long as they are actually good. Alot of the best horrors of the 21st century are homages or at least heavily take from their influences.

I'm more on about all the classics and legends are now disappearing.
There's no individuality left any more.
I think it's just shocking to see big name people die. When the people you've known about forever, even if you've never met them, die, it's like... there's nothing new, really, to talk about in regards to them, unless you talk about their past. I'm still upset knowing Wes Craven is dead and gone.

Where are the influential TV stars, actors and directors of today?
Sure there's a few decent ones going around these days, but nothing like the old days... nothing original and nobody who is changing the playing field.
The closest we got these days is Eli Roth and Rob Zombie... but controversial isn't exactly the same as influential.
Well... if Rob Zombie is being considered a new master of horror, I'm pretty pissed.

The talent is dying off... leaving us with.............. what?
Tobe Hooper did his masterpieces years ago. I don't think he's really done anything spectacular since probably the '80s. Forgettable stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong. Artistically, he was already dead. But, his classics are alive and well and available to watch at any time. That part of him is still alive. On a screen, nothing dies.

I recently watched Tobe Hooper's The Funhouse for ... really the first time ever. Glad I snuck that into my viewing before Tobe was dead, not that it really matters. THAT movie was good. It was very slow, but I thought it was really good. From what I have seen, the best movie Tobe did after the two Texas Chainsaw movies.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Funhouse.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	34011