Derek Vinyard's New Top 100 Favorite Movie.

→ in
Tools    

Unregistered User
Not sure why but I never had you down as a Trainspotting fan. Excellent film with an equally good soundtrack. I could watch Begbie all day.

Superbad (2007) - Greg Mottola

- Another one great american comedy. This movie is hilarious and the cast is pure gold. McLovin character is memorable and the whole storyline remind me of my teenage years (great stuff). I watch this movie at least 15 times and each of these viewings are awesome. It's not stylish, it's not unique but it's hilarious as hell. Love it.

The Raid (2011) - Gareth Evans

- Simply one of the best action/martial art movie ever made with one of the sickess choregraphy ever made. Iko Uwais is amazing and the whole storyline is pure adrealine.

The Orphanage (2007) - J.A. Bayona

- Stylish spanish horror from director J.A. Bayona that I discover with this movie. Great director all-around and the storyline is amazing. Some great cinematography, great acting and very entertaining (for a stylish horror). The ending is also one of the best of the 2000's imo.

Haven't seen The Raid. I know I tried watching The Orphanage once but can't recall if I finished it or what I thought of it. Horror isn't really my thing.

The Raid is one of those films that I appreciate massively but didn't love. The action sequences are out of this world. So I can see why a fan of martial arts or action would rate it highly. But it's not the most enthralling plot or brilliant acting etc.

Sharkwater (2006) - Rob Stewart

- A little tribute to a GREAT man and my favorite documentary of all-time. Everybody should watch this documentary it's so good on every level. Rob Stewart was a modern day hero and I hope people will one day understand the importance of shark in our ecosystem. We human are the worst. literally. Amazing work by an amazing person.

Scream (1996) - Wes Craven

- Who doesn't like Scream? seriously this movie is amazing on so many level. Acting is brilliant, Direction top-notch and one of the best storyline ever. Probably my favorite satire movie ever too. Matthew Lillard is hilarious it's my favorite performance from him and also the best performance of the movie imo. One of the most memorable and badass ending ever made. Wes Craven is a legend.

I'd never even heard of this film until your mention of it earlier. I may have to check it out at some point.
I recommend it. I think you would like it.

Obviously Scream is getting rep from me. Nice to see Sharkwater on here, too, it's a wonderful documentary. For those who've not seen it, make a double bill with The Cove.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Very strong start.

Glad to see Trainspotting. Fantastic movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

movies can be okay...
Autopsy of Jane Doe - Is this really as good as people are trying to make it seem to be ? A friend of mine is trying to push it on me, but me and horror movies rarely get along, I either love them or absolutely hate them.
Jeepers Creepers - I HATED THIS
28 days later - One of my favourite horror films of all time !
The Raid - Sooooo entertaining, but I prefer the sequel much more.
Scream - Pretty good.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke