Derek Vinyard's Top 15 favorite actors

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Locke is one of the most interresting movie about Storytelling and dialogue that I have ever seen in my life and Tom Hardy give a perfect one-man show that show the world his true talent.
It was alright.

ohh so you didn't hate it... it's alright I though you've hate the movie... For me it's an hidden masterpiece of the decade

Jake Gyllenhaal

- Sexy Celebrity gonna be happy about that . This guy is definitely one of my favorite and definitely one of the best actor working today. He always put on a great performance no matter what is the type of flick is in it. All Hail Jake.

Movies:
Zodiac
+
Donnie Darko
+
Nightcrawler

Prisoners
+
End Of Watch
+
Brothers
-
October Sky
-
Source Code
+
Jarhead

Everest

Movies:
Zodiac
+
Donnie Darko
+
Nightcrawler

Prisoners
+
End Of Watch
+
Brothers
-
October Sky
-
Source Code
+
Jarhead

Everest
I am so glad Prince of Persia is not on that list!

This list is actually pretty good. I'm impressed Derek.

But there's one actor here that I really can't stand, and that's Mark Wahlberg. I hate that guy. He is such a tool. I liked him in The Departed though, as a supporting role. But I really can't stand any movie with him as the lead. I wish I could go back in time and unwatch Shooter and Lone Survivor.

Otherwise though, keep up the good work.

Apparently Derek, you havent seen the worse Jake Gyllenhaal movie ever! Well all his films are terrible in my opinion. I know a lot of people like him including my daughter but I just find him god awful ...

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Never liked Jake.

Also never like Leo movies like Wolf of Wall Street. I prefer him in the rougher roles.

Brody is overrated if anything. I just don't get the praise he gets.

Johnny Depp

- This dude is a beast for me. A childhood actor that I always appreciate and always respected. Cannot wait to watch Black Mass and I hope one day he win an oscar because he highly deserved one.

Movies:
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl

Secret Window

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Donnie Brasco
+
Ed Wood
+
A Nightmare On Elm Street
+
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Edward Scissorhands

Sleepy Hollow

Blow

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Public Enemies
+
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
+
Dead Man

Platoon

Transcendence

From Hell
+
Tusk

The Ninth Gate

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I always liked Jake, but it wasn't until recently that he completely won me over.

Depp is awesome, but I don't care for a lot of the fantasy movies he's been in.

Master of My Domain
If it wasn't for Johnny Depp, Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood would have never be considered as one of my favorite movies. Also, who else thinks Depp was brilliant in the first Pirate film?

If it wasn't for Johnny Depp, Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood would have never be considered as one of my favorite movies. Also, who else thinks Depp was brilliant in the first Pirate film?
Depp is brilliant in the entire Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise and his character Jack Sparrow is one of the best ever in my opinion.

I love to see characters with that kind of detail, and really I would say it's comparable with Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. Obviously the tone is completely different, but the way each actor built up the character and thought about it is great to see.

I saw an interview with Brad Dourif a few months ago where he mentioned his approach to playing Piter de Vries in Dune. His idea was that as a human computer, Piter would be thinking about different things all at once; plus, he even added gestures to give an extra level of communication for the character. Brilliant stuff, as well as being very funny ("THE plan").

Ethan Hawke

- Ethan as always been one of my favorite since day 1 but most especially from 2012 because you know Sinister . This guy always put good work and he is always 100% on set. He got nice charisma and he never made a bad movie.

Movies:
Sinister
+
Training Day
-
Before Sunrise
+
Before Sunset
+
Before Midnight
+
Lord Of War