The Heart OR The Intellect

Tools    

The thread that has a smilar name, got me thinking, is the heart more important then the intellect or are they as important as each other? It’s a debate that I've had with myself on numerous occasions but have never really found the answer. For example take Matt and myself for example (sorry to throw you into this involuntarily )

Matt is someone of extremely superior intelligence, yet as we all know shows not much emotion. Where as I am someone who is often known as the “heart man” I'm not saying Matt is without a heart or that I’m without a brain.

So what do you think? Is one more important than the other? Is being able to feel for (and with) others less important then to be intelligent? Or are they both needed for balance, or are they both as important as each other?

YOU DECIDE

I think you need to have both but its the balance that is hard to get.
If Matt? is your lover then maybe you can help each other get what you are wanting, that takes an open mind ,now is that come from the interllect or the heart?

Yeah, me and Naisal are lovers. I also have sex with labradors. You've got eight posts, so don't put your foot in it, Bub.

I am a greasy, disgusting fascist pig!

As such, I have no heart and no intellect!

I only have a whopping big appetite!

Bring on the pork chops! (Did I mention I'm also a cannibal?)

All right! Only two more posts to go before I hit the magic number 10 and can upload images!

Hang on! Only one more post before I hit 10 posts!

Now that's odd! I could have sworn there were two more to go just a moment ago . . .

Hmm . . . very odd! Where did that post come from?

Whoaaa! That's 10 posts already! How did that happen? Very, very odd! Hmm . . . I could have sworn . . . This is becoming a real mystery!

Anyway, maybe another day I could look into it, or get Scotland Yard on the case or something.

Point is--I can now upload images of my favorite heroes!

Awright! Yeeeeeeeeehaw!

Get off my island
Ah you twat

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

^^

Obviously meant to point out that he is a supporter of

T.W.A.T

(The War Against Terror)

Right?

Nais...

I'm with Yoda on this... I think it takes a lot of one to recognize the other and vice versa.

Also... what standard are you using in saying SB is a 'superior' intellect?

I can't believe Django's "goodbye" thread spawned a sequel!

Movie Forums is weeeeeeeeeeirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd! This must be an astrological thing. It's all Uranus' fault!

My life isn't written very well.
I really don't have a clear answer to your question Nais'. I suspect Yoda is probably right though. I know myself, and I am a very caring person--hating takes up too much energy for me. As far as intellegence goes, I'm niether dumb nor smart. I constantly seek information from others though, trying to learn from them. That's why I ask so many questions. Showing more feeling than thought has gotten me into trouble sometimes, but I can't imagine doing things differently.

Besides, in my opinion, there is one thing I find true; people need love and acceptance. They don't neccessarily need a huge amount of intellect to get through life, but they do need love.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think it is important to hold them in tandem somehow, but I'd rather be with someone who has all heart and little intellect than someone with all intellect and no heart.

We are born into the world craving nothing but the warmth of love and being cared for. The quest for the intellect comes later. And God judges the heart, so it must be incredibly important to be true to it. That often takes the intellect to sort out.

And yet, finding someone who is both intelligent and full of heart is a wonderful thing. I know such people and they are among my very favorites for that reason. Very inspiring and, well, heartening.

Get off my island
Originally posted by Sir Toose
^^

Obviously meant to point out that he is a supporter of

T.W.A.T

(The War Against Terror)

Right?

Oh most definitely

I am having a nervous breakdance
I like warm people with strong connection to their emotions and feelings. But some level of intellect is required or what the hell should we talk about??

You feel in your heart what is right, then you use your intellect to make it right.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Yeah, me and Naisal are lovers. I also have sex with labradors. You've got eight posts, so don't put your foot in it, Bub.
You really love the whole post seniority thing dont you?

Also... what standard are you using in saying SB is a 'superior' intellect?
Come on Toose obviously he isnt supior compared to your amazing mind, but compared to me he has a great level of intelligence over me.