Derek Vinyard's Top 75 Horror movies !

→ in
Tools    

#51:

Thir13en Ghosts (2001) - Steve Beck

- Don't know why.... but I very like it and find it very entertaining. Matthew Lillard is very good in this flick.

#50:

Dead Silence (2007) - James Wan

- Very creepy , amazing mood and very high energy acting by Ryan Kwanten. Dolls creep me out and Mary Shaw is scary as hell.

#49:

Wolf Creek (2005) - Greg Mclean

- I very like it. Entertaining as hell and a very good australian flick. John Jarratt completely rock!

Derek, out of these three films.. I have only seen "Thir13en Ghost" and it was a very entertaining film.

I have Dead Silence, but haven't seen it. Wolf Creek I was very let down by. Really didn't think it was all that (it stands with Haute Tension as the two big rep horror films which blitzed the horror circuit but really let me down). I watched 13 Ghosts again the other day. It is (still) not good.

Two out of three with this one, Wolf Creek and 13 Ghosts are great, but Dead Silence is mildly turd.
you're not a fan of James Wan I think.... but yes Wolf Creek and 13th Ghosts rock !

#48:

Haute Tension (High Tension) (2003) - Alexandre Aja

- Gory , disturbing with a very nice twist. It's enough to be called awesome.

#47:

1408 (2007) - Mikael H�fstr�m

- This movie is awesome. Scary as hell , creepy mood with a sublime performance from John Cusack. Great Stephen King Adaptation once again.

#46:

You're Next (2011) - Adam Wingard

- Awesome home invasion horror with nice acting and epic scenes. I also very like the twist ending who was totally unexpected for me.

#45:

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (2010) - Eli Craig

- One of my favorite comedy/horror. Those two idiots are funny as hell and the storyline is kind very entertaining. I love it.

#44:

V/H/S 2 (2013) - 7 Directors

- Maybe a little too low but this movie is very awesome and highly underrated. Gory , very disturbing , effective and creepy as hell. I like every single parts especially thepart with the satanic cult.

#43:

Deliver Us From Evil (2014) - Scott Derrickson

- Surround by many cliche of modern horror movie but definitely very effective and well done, Scott Derrickson again made an awesome horror flick and Eric Bana is awesome.

Tucker and Dale is quite good. An interesting/fun premise well executed that doesn't outstay its welcome. Not seen the other two. Not seen You're Next, but the other two are crap. Sorry.

Out of these 3, I have seen "Deliver Us From Evil" which I thought was very good... its one of the most current horrors out there...

I have seen "1408" and "Haute Tension" which are both pretty good in my opinion...

I have seen "1408" and "Haute Tension" which are both pretty good in my opinion...
Haute Tension is one of the best examples of an ending actually ruining a film, IMO. Normally, as with Stephen King adaptations, there'll be a poor ending, but it just makes it a shame. It hurts it, but it doesn't ruin it. I feel that the ending of Haute Tension actually does ruin the film.

1408 I remember barely a thing about, other than I thought it was poor and it answered a question for me. That being, is Samuel L Jackson's poor movie choice more powerful than John Cusacks ability to make a poor film palatable to me. Turns out, SLJ wins.

Not seen Deliver Us From Evil, but I did like the look of the trailer.

Haute Tension is one of the best examples of an ending actually ruining a film, IMO. Normally, as with Stephen King adaptations, there'll be a poor ending, but it just makes it a shame. It hurts it, but it doesn't ruin it. I feel that the ending of Haute Tension actually does ruin the film.

1408 I remember barely a thing about, other than I thought it was poor and it answered a question for me. That being, is Samuel L Jackson's poor movie choice more powerful than John Cusacks ability to make a poor film palatable to me. Turns out, SLJ wins.

Not seen Deliver Us From Evil, but I did like the look of the trailer.
Not agree with both of your statement but I respect your opinion

Gunslinger same here man !

I have to agree with HK on High Tension. I now automatically think of it as a bad film because of that ending. It's a shame because I was loving it up to that point. I would be interested in trying it again.

1408 looks like something me and my wife would enjoy together. I added it to my watchlist.

I was disappointed in You're Next but you're not the only one who loves it. For me, it was just ok.

Loved Tucker and Dale; the only reason it's not making my list is because I look at it as a comedy.

I wasn't crazy about V/H/S, but I'll still try the sequel.

Deliver Us From Evil is on my watchlist.

#42:

Paranormal Activity (2007) - Oren Peli

- This movie is awesome no matter what. Keep me on the edge of my seat everytime and one of the best found-footage.

#41:

The Collector (2009) - Marcus Dunstan

- I love it. Very nice storyline and an awesome vilain who put deadly trap everywhere it's pretty entertaining.

#40:

The Wicker Man (1973) - Robin Hardy

- This is a real good definition of a classic. With awesome acting from Woodward and Christopher Lee. The ending always impress me and it's pretty effective. Brief, I love it.
[/quote]

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Paranormal Activity was a hoot to see in the theatre. People were losing their marbles.

Suspect's Reviews