Fav Members

Tools    

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
This is not a bad thread. I don't see one offending post here yet. Frankly, this should be a very positive thread. It's not like it's called WORST Members.
Sure sexy. it could be positive if your name is mentioned. But what about the people not mentioned? What if someone thought that they were well liked by someone and then not mentioned by them? Whether you've got the self-esteem to handle it or not, there are other's that might not. I don't want to hurt somebody that thought they were more important than they are.

There is a part of me that wants to post my favorites, but I'm sure that they are already aware of how I feel about them. There are a lot of members I like just fine, but wouldn't add them to my list. And then there are the handful of people I wish would leave this forum and never return.

Unfortunately, I don't know you. I wish I did.

BTW, don't let my holier than thou attitude stop anyone else from enjoying this thread.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Personally I don't see anything different between a thread like this one and the one where we are supposed to pick what MoFo we would most like to go to a concert with, or start a small business with. That can be just as hurtful, and we didn't have people compaining illogically about that...

It's the point of the whole the thread SC.
What is? To offend out least favorite members? Whatever.

My favorite members, from the time that I've been here are, Chris/Yoda, Spud, Holden, Sexy Celebrity, Mary Lo, Slay, Toose, Mir and Naisy. That isn't to say that I don't like or respect any other members [for example if you were asking me most valuable members, r66 would be so very, very up there], but these are the ones I have gotten to know and who have gotten to know me, and I would have no problem letting any of them into my home if the situation ever came up. I like them that much. And I like to think that I know them well, if not in detail [for example: Holden], then at least very well in terms of character. And I don't think the site would [and in three cases is] the same without the people on that list. They're my personal favorites. But they're more than that. They're my friends too [oh, yes, even Holden].

And if that offends anybody, seek help.

My life isn't written very well.
Here are some other members that have either made me smile or made me frown, but they always seem to make it here to share their lives, and thoughts with us. I appreciate the fact they they are honest, when it would be so easy to pretend to be someone they're really not. That goes for everyone else I mentioned in my previous post too.

MonkeyPunch: A true artist. I don't think anyone here would say they haven't noticed his avatar and appreciated it. Someday I'd like to see a collage he's made of his life.

[b]Herodotus[b]: He's so mysterious. It always seems like he pops up just when you're thinking about him. I find him very comical too. He has good timing.

Film Fr3ak: Her sense of humor always makes a thread feel good. And if anyone's avatar represents the person behind it, I imagine Film Fr3ak to want to hug the world.

Iluv2viddyfilms: His views have made me think about people that fight for what they believe in. Sometimes I don't agree with his delivery, but his passion is admirable.

Travis_Bickle: I think he must be a movie historian or critic.
If ever there were a time capsule to be buried in case of a nuclear war, and re-opened centuries from now, I hope that Travis and Holden Pike were the ones to pick the films.

blibblobblib: This persons screen name makes me chuckle when I see it because I announciate it out everytime. And the fact that this person is in school, doesn't have a computer at home, and still makes time to post here, says loads about the site.

Honorable mention to new members that have caught my eye:

miniontv: He posts some of the funniest things that make no sense, but are hilarious. His cracks at Mel Gibson are twisted in a fun way. Black humor really becomes him.

g0dzer0: His language here could use a thesaurus--"gay" does not mean bad--but that aside, I read some posts of his that are very insightful and intellegent. I think, if not taken too far, his irreverence might only be caustic, not toxic.

Okay folks, there you have it. These are just my opinions. I think the controversy over this thread could be examined further if you take a second to notice what you're feeling after having read my opinions about the members.

Are you mad at me? Hurt? Indifferent? Something else?

It sometimes amazes me here that people with so much intellegence can disagree with each other, celebrate with each other and share with each other, but never recognize that it's what we don't say that keeps us coming back for more.

Thanks to all of you for making this movie forums site a place of happiness, warmth and understanding. If only the world could be
like this. You're all my favorites!

Anyway, Just thought I'd tell you. And that's that.

Tim-r66

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

My life isn't written very well.
Slay, do you mean you disagree with what I said? Or do you mean you despise all of us? I hope I didn't offend you with my opinions. Perhaps you're just joking...?

Originally posted by r3port3r66
Naisy: He's like the hero here. His aura of chivalry seems to permeate the board. When I think of Naisy, I imagine him to look exactly like his avatar.
[/b]

i would hardly say i look like my avatar BUT i do try to act like it. Thank you for the compliment, and thank you Silver Bullet for being honest enough to come out with the truth, as im certain you know i would have pretended that it was my idea until the end, ok here is my list (in case this thread is closed soon for such obviously stupid reasons)

Gracie: Because she is such a funny little cutie and reminds me what i would want my kids to be like, always polite and always kind with that special dash of understanding.

Matt / Silver Bullet: That personalised mean wit that is so blunt, which we all need from time to time and even some rare personal attacks are made they arent at all taken offensivly, the one person who i truely admire for ALL of his talents.

Brian / Slay: because of his sincere maturity, no matter what age difference there is between him and myself ive never felt like there ever really is any "age" between us, also i like his humour and the way he follows a moral code.

Chris / Yoda: Chris is the person, i admire most here for the simple fact of his persistance the one person ive met that has given me a run for my money and i havent wanted to kill yet....thats right yet

Caitlyn: I agree on many topics of interest with her and aside from that she is nethier arrogent and no real "flaws" can really be picked.

JR /Jason: an honest and very funny person, a person whose feelings are rarely that of the poorer kind and rarely blunt (with this thread as an exception)

Toose /Matt: the one person i can rely on for advice and support wherever and whenever im online, he is always quick to reply with honesty and intergrity.

Holden Pike: The most intriging person on this site and quite possibly the one with the most productive posts, he is the mystery man, i know nothing about him and he always manages to avoid anwsering a question without you noticing until it is too late, but the great quotes he comes up with in the shoutbox always manage to surprise, the only regular invisible mystery man

I dont have time to post anymore right now but if i get the chance i will be sure to add to this list and i want to make it clear that even on this list or not i respect all members here.

Originally posted by r3port3r66
Slay, do you mean you disagree with what I said? Or do you mean you despise all of us? I hope I didn't offend you with my opinions. Perhaps you're just joking...?
I was just kidding. Thanks for the compliment.

Ok, here goes......the one's that stand out to ME so far.

Yoda
Spudly
Naisy
Toose
FilmFr3ak
Caitlyn
Silver Bullet
Gracie
Sexy Celebrity
Lord Slayton
r3port3r66

Personally I don't see anything different between a thread like this one and the one where we are supposed to pick what MoFo we would most like to go to a concert with, or start a small business with. That can be just as hurtful, and we didn't have people compaining illogically about that...

Never thought of it that way.

And if that offends anybody, seek help
I wouldn't put it those terms.

Naisy! Why didn't you list ME as one of your favorite members?! After all the nice things I've said about you!

I'm going to call a suicide hotline.

MonkeyPunch: A true artist.
I'll so second that.

MP and myself have not always got on like a house on fire, but the past couple of weeks I've really warmed to him a lot more, just in terms of always enjoying his posts, agreeing with a lot of what he says, and, like you said, loving his taste in avatars.

Up with Monkeypunch!

Interesting stuff...and I think I saw my name somewhere.

The best members are those who stick to his / her opinions. If you do that, then you are noble... and noble in my book is good.

Okay, I'm going to acquiesce to popular opinion. I'll list my favorites, but to make sure that anonymity reigns supreme, I'll code the recipient with a random serial number. Here goes.

MEMBER 65345 543 11123: This member is my absolute favorite MoFo. Mainly because we make sure to message eachother on a daily basis, but also because of this members heart. Warm and compassionet beyond refute.

MEMBER 98756 431 09867: This member and I have chatted a lot using AIM, and was the one who gave me this idea. Member 98756 431 09867 is not only cool as hell, but is also an extremely intelligent person that I am constantly amazed by.

MEMBER 12344 743 28957: This member used to aggravate me beyond belief, but I soon found that maybe it was my own inadequacies with having an open mind that was prohibiting me to "listen". I have since learned better, and have gained quite a bit of respect and admiration for Member 12344 743 28957.

MEMBER 00237 285 10223: This member posts with replies that, at times, can simply astound me. To be so relaxed and fun with one post, and so concise and factual with the next, generates a complex mix of emotions from me. I want to cheer and applaud when I read some of Member 00237 285 10223 posts. I hope you stick around a good long time.

MEMBER 00000 000 00001: This member often drives me insane. Not only insane, but at times fills me with a hot rage that no other member has ever come close too. However, respect is not something I've ever just given to anyone who demands it, but this member deserves it because of the great and quizzical mind that inhabits Member 00000 000 00001 mug.

MEMBER 65498 284 10021: Wow, if there is any other member as closed off and unkown, and still so beloved, I'll drop dead of shock. Not only am I humbled by Member 65498 284 10021 movie knowledge, but by the amount that I laugh.

These are my favorite members, there are plenty of others that I like a great deal, but don't know whatsoever. For example, I also like Member's 65465 215 65433, 68436 777 15655, 23435 753 10102, 43531 001 43568, 01235 785 23578, and of course 23495 546 23457. There are also a handful I really don't like, but I'll refrain from listing their serial numbers for all to see.

Brian

I am having a nervous breakdance
r3port3r66, thanks for the nice words. It made me feel really good. It really did. By the way, I think you have the intelligence of at least a horse. You really make a differance on this site!

I can imagine that some people can be really hurt if they're not mentioned by anyone here. I didn't expect to be mentioned by anybody because I feel kind of like an outsider here most of the time. But that's how I want it so I'm totally okay with it. But I can understand if other members become sad. Anyway, being mentioned, and in such nice words too, was unexpected for me so it was a nice surprise and it raised my spirit several levels on this godforsaken sunday. oooooooh maaaaan..... my head.... my precious precious head.....

There's a lot of members here that I like a lot and that make this site so interesting. Actually, it's the only site I visit every day and several times a day too. The collected knowledge about film here is astonishing and for me as a swede it's also very interesting to discuss all kinds of different issues with people from another culture. Because of the risk of forgetting or leaving out anyone, I won't mention anyone period.

Except...

There's one that I have become a little bit more personal with than anyone else around here. I didn't like him first. I didn't like him at all, but after a while I realized that he's a very honest and caring (old) man. Sometimes he's even nice. (But he's always wrong). He's certainly not the member that I have most in common with politically but I feel we have some kind of understanding for each other on a deeper level.

And the Oscar goes to... Toose.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A novel adaptation.
I hope you don't mind, Slaytan, but I've attributed every single one of those serial numbers to me, and yes, it feels so very good to be so loved. In fact, it feels so good, that I think everyone should just talk about how much they like me for the rest of the thread.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Do we have to limit this thread to just favourite members of mofo, or can we talk about how we like other people ?

If not...

I like Danny Devito. There's just something about him that makes me laugth, but cry at the same time.

I also like Kevin Spacey. He's just really nice. Everytime I see him I just feel so good inside. His little round head......

If i've missed anyone out I'm sorry, I can't name everyone because I'm quite new here.