Gonna give a short review here of a film that I missed earlier in my life, but have watched recently and fell in love with. Will give other movie reviews afterwards on this same thread.

Pulp Fiction

I went into this film with minimal expectations, as I do with all films. They're either gonna be great, terrible, or just okay. With Pulp Fiction, I saw an incredible film from beginning to end.

The cast is terrific, even by Tarantino standards. John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis, and a few others that movie-goers might recognize all star in this film, and each one arguably delivers a career best performance. Not one flinches or winks at the camera, and their unique personalities are part of what makes this film so much fun.

To speak of a plot is just dumb with this film, as there are three main stories all interspersed with moments that don't seem to connect until the end of the events. Each story is violent, jarring, and very entertaining to watch, especially when we got typically slow movies that year like Forrest Gump or Shawshank Redemption. Not to say they weren't terrific movies in their own right, but Pulp Fiction delivered more lasting entertainment than the the other well-known movies that year did.

It's a treat to listen to as well. John Avery and director Quentin Tarantino both have a sharp ear for dialogue, and this award-winning script is a prime example of it. Not one conversation puts you to sleep, and though few of them have little to do with the actual plot of events, they're still great pieces of dialogue that many people could've had once or twice in their lives.

In all, Pulp Fiction is an outstanding movie with amazing dialogue, great actions, terrific acting, and a then fresh and unique director having fun with it all. It's slowly becoming my favorite movie of all-time, and it's hard not to see why.

Rating: 4/4 stars